Should I date while seeing my FWB?

I have a friends with benefits and things are going well. Neither of us have any complaints. Should I see other people while dealing with the FWB? No sex, just hanging out. I refuse to have sex with multiple people at the same time.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 16

• On paper there is nothing wrong with this as you are not in a relationship. But I will caution you about this, if the guy finds out somehow that you were having sex with someone while talking to him he will question what kind of a girl you are. He probably won't trust you and it'll always be in the back of his head whether you are going to cheat. If you want a healthy relationship with someone then stop anything happening with the friends with benefits before you start talking and dating again.

• you can just make sure the guy/girl knows your not in a committed relationship and if it gets serious with the person you will have to stop and they will need to find another friends with benefits.

• Sure. I've dated around while I was sleeping with other people before. It's all good

• The guys who are doing you will be looking for a sex partner. That's the usual assumption about dating. If you aren't looking for a partner, why are you dating,? My understanding of "friends with benefits is that you have NSA sex between relationships.

• I suppose that is fine. I'd have a problem if my date were having sex with anyone in the time when we're dating.

• Every friends with benefits arrangement I've had included ending the benefits side of thing if either of us started dating someone.

• if he´s on the sme page about this, then yes.

• Depends what do you want and think is best for you

• Yeah , i would date if i was a person who did friends with benefits for sure.

• Up to you

• Yea... go for it. Nothing wrong with it

• of course that is part of friends with benefits or booty call

• let me know when you are avaliable and we can discuss this further.

• It's fine with the friends with benefits. The guys dating you will dump you if they ever find out even if you've stopped by that point. For some reason the idea that they will be taking you on dates while not having sex with you while some other guy has sex with you while not taking you on dates is likely to go over quite poorly.

• The cognitive dissonance is strong with this one... Do people lack this much introspection that they fool themselves with labels like ''friends with benefits'' bwhahaha.

I wonder what happened to us...

• this is why i dont agree with friends with benefits, or whatever you want to call it.. it's a relationship, without a label, and you know that

What Girls Said 6

• While you wouldn't be doing anything with the people you'd be hanging out with, if they learned about your friends with benefits, things could go sour. If you're serious about dating, you should probably cut things off with your friends with benefits.

• its all up to you.. but i personally i don't think its a good idea

• Not an issue. Unless and until you start to feel like it's going somewhere with someone you're seeing, then it's time to stop sleeping with the other guy whether you start sleeping with the new guy yet or not.

• Yea why not? Your not in a relationship

• I'd tell the friends with benefits but it's up to you why not

• Yes that's the point and just break it off with friends with benefits when your ready or thinking about taking the nest step with someone you really care about.