How truthful are people in online dating surveys?

I'm asking because there's a guy on there that I started talking to on okcupid who appears to be looking for a long-term relationship. However, he took one of these scenario-based surveys where there was a question that read: Imagine that you come home to find a partner pouring red wine all over a stranger's naked body and then licking it off. Which, if any of the following, would bother you most?
He said that he would be bothered by the fact that he was not invited to join in.

I mean, what does this say about him? How do I know if he was serious about this and if this is something he wants to do with someone he is in love with?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe you should get off OKCupid if one silly question with equally silly answers freaks you out this much. It's clearly not for you.

• I'm just asking if people are typically honest on these kinds of surveys and what the answer to one particular question could have meant. I'm not criticizing the concept of online dating in any way.

• What I am saying is that the site and its questions are very irreverent and tongue in cheek - unless you approach the whole thing with a similar sense of humour about it all (dating after all should be fun) then you really should consider trying another means of finding love. You can't go second guessing stuff like this and trying to read so much into it all the time or you'll be a bag of nerves.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think many people online are honest. That's why I'd never hook up with guys online , you'll never know for sure if they are sincere or not.

I wouldn't take that survey too serious.

• Do you the answer to that question is a cause for concern with this guy?

What Guys Said 2

• He might be joking, or maybe he was assuming the stranger is a woman. I'm in a long term relationship and I'd be fine if my girlfriend suggested a threesome involving another woman. But I'd be fine to never have that happen, as most guys would be.

• How can I know for sure if he was just joking?

• You can ask or gauge his personality by his other answers. Don't get too hung up on one question, you won't find someone with more than a handful of answers that answered everything in the way you're looking for.

• they are almost true

What Girls Said 1

• I think that says more about his sexual fantasies than his fidelity. He probably thought he was sly.

• Sly as in purposely trying to give the impression that he is a freaky guy or as in admitting that he is one?
      Also op, do you think that if a guy has fantasies like these, would he want to enact them with someone he's in love with or seek them elsewhere?

• I honestly have no idea and don't really want to think on it too hard