I just became single and I'm really sad. I'm 26, and this 53 year old man sweet, caring man wants to take me out on dates etc. THOUGHTS?

• Go for it. Even if it doesn't lead anywhere.
    50%(5)58%(14)Vote64%(9)
  • DO NOT go for it, won't go anywhere.
    50%(5)42%(10)Vote36%(5)

Most Helpful Guy

• So i'm going to tell you something that nobody else won't because they are pussies.

You should be worried about who you are dating. You are getting old.
    When you hit 30, the chances of having healthy children drops by 80%. It's just biology!

The good news is that you are still hot and young but you don't have time. You have to be frank and screen men. Be honest. On the first date you have to say, "look I'm wanting to settle down and start a family. If you don't want that then i won't be disappointed but i'm not a one night stand kind of girl."

I'm guessing you haven't been doing this type of screening but it's time.

As for the older man, there's nothing fucking wrong with that. Fuck the stupid jealous cunts. Older men have experience, knowledge and the resources to start a family.

• Thank you!!! That is such a great answer and so true

Most Helpful Girl

• It won't go anywhere. Yes, he is probably more established and will more than likely take care of you. But you will start to notice that being with him will be more of an obligation than you actually being in love with him. You would want to be honest with yourself especially if you are not attracted to him. I personally wouldn't date that older, now we can be friends but I will see him as a sugar daddy who does things for me.

What Guys Said 14

• Why do you want to go for it? Would it be good for you? Just as important: would it be good for him?

• He went through a divorce and i went through a breakup

• So do you see this as a short term relationship giving companionship and comfort to each other or do you see any possibility of an LTR? And does he see it the same way?

• Well, feel free to go for it; maybe something will happen...
    BUT
    1. Realize that this is likely a rebound relationship but that might actually be what you need. Let him know that he may be a rebound. He may be fine with that.
    2. If you do decide to actually have a relationship, you then need to start thinking about different personal goals, etc. For instance, he would be retired before any kids you two would have would be in college.

• You're looking at him through the sadness in your heart -- looking for comfort where you can find it. Just remember that, if you do give him the chance. So don't be surprised if your feelings towards him fade over time.

• You're so right.. I am just so sad and alone

• You could let him know what you what you told us here. How does he react to this? Even if it sounds cliché, the truth is often the right way to go about things. If he still feels like giving you a good time/cheer you up, all the better. Having someone to talk to is a good way deal with sadness.

• I'm guessing by what I'm hearing here that you don't have much interest in him. that being said it's okay to go out as friends just make it clear what your intentions are and have a great night :)

• Depends on what you want. If you just want to date for a while and enjoy life, then go for it. If you're looking for a permanent relationship, then he's too old. Sorry.

• Big gap but who am I to judge?

• It wouldn't hurt to go out on dates with him but if you feel it isn't going to become a love type relationship you should let him know from the start or when you realize its not going to be anything except a dating relationship.

• If you don't mind his age , go out for the dates i think he has good intentions
    unless you think he is too old which i think your not.

• Not a good idea especially if he has a 11 year old kid wtf. i would never prey on a girl that has a kid.

• He's too old for you. Unless you are into that...

• Yuck. Thats creepy as fuck

Does he look good to u? Does he look his age?

• He looks young for his age, and he is very sweet and intelligent. But he has an 11 year old kid... which would be an issue long term

• rebound with potential for more?

• I thought the point of a rebound is just to rebound... not look for somethin more. Well, thats how i see it

U jus got outta relationsip n now have the opportunity to date an older guy. 30 years older with a kid. U sure u wanna get into that? Lol

• Go for it if you dig him in that way and he lives alone.

• He has an 11 year old kid, and I don't think that I would want to be a step parent. But I am just so alone and sad that I might just go for it

• hmm, not sure about older with kid. It would be better if he lived alone.

• I say go for it. You're an adult and can make your own decisions. Even if it doesn't lead anywhere you'll still be able to experience dating again and the feelings that come with it.

• if you're desperate, go for it.
    If you're normal, find a guy your age.
    Maybe try online dating.

What Girls Said 1

• You could always try.. it just a date... doesn't mean u two going to be official couple right?