Why does he act cold towards me?

My guy friend (we met at the gym. I work at the gym and he works out there lol). We became friends very easily. I even became more friendly when he told me he has a girlfriend. I am sure you think I wanted to steal him from his girlfriend. Lol. WHICH IS WRONG. The reason is he is taken and I thought won't ask me for date. This made me be more open to it. When a guy says he likes me I start dodging him.
He has always complimented me. But as we got closer his compliments bothered me. He said to me "Where were you when I was single" "whoever marries you is a lucky man" "girls like you are hard to find" compliments like this. BUT recently he kind of has started avoiding being friendly with me. I am glad he is cold lol cause his warmness bothered me. I don't want men especially taken once hit on me. But I am curious why he acts this way.

16

Most Helpful Guy

• He tried to get closer, but when he realised you are not allowing it he has stepped back, probably assuming that you will go after him. He's probably thinking that this coldness will make u go after him !!

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe his girlfriend told him

What Guys Said 5

• His girlfriend probably caught his ass and is now monitoring his every move. I'm joking of course, who knows but come on guy you have a girlfriend. Why you hitting on other girls?

• I think that he realised you didn't have feelings for him.
    It's my only guess. Maybe his girlfriend caught him talking to you and got jealous?
    There are many options

• simply because he is regretting the compliments he gave you.

• Why don't people ever just ask?

• why not

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!