Online dating question?

Hello, I have a question about online dating.. haha I am 20 and I created online dating profile. The guys on there seem interested and then they quit talking to me. Will I ever find someone I can just meet? There's seriously no hope for me...

28

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I can say my experience I spent time, reading every profile of those I'm interested in. If i find something in common, I use that to try and start a conversation. You can see they read it and they never respond. After awhile you try again, you see they are looking for someone genuine and tired of fakes they meet online, but it makes you wonder how many genuine guys they've ignored. If they quit talking to you, I can only think of two reasons.
    1. they are talking to multiple people and hit it off with someone else
    2. they no longer know what to talk about, and can't start a conversation.

Most Helpful Girl

• There's always hope! Keep your chin up, life will always try knock you down or change the path but you just have to stick things out and make changes for yourself :) keep on it I'd say, most people will just message you or whatever to see if your what they want (same interests etc). Don't let small things get you down keep focusing and things will fall into place for you.

What Guys Said 7

• In my opinion, very few people take online dating seriously. I've never had any luck with it. I'm not saying don't bother, but just don't have high expectations.

• Couldn't agree more, some people don't take it seriously and it's somewhat aggravating.

• Keep in mind that online dating is many to many. Everyone is communicating with several people until one or two turn into a relationship.

The first key to success is to choose the site that is right for you.

As far as "can just meet", it is important that you meet as soon as possible after initial contact. Here is how I do it:

First screening is by searching profiles. I am looking for location, weight, age, class, whether she is an obvious prostitute, things that are clear up or down.

Then I send lots of intro letters. These are not the same letter to everyone, but I try to make a connection based on what they wrote.

If someone writes back, I am after the answer to one question: Do I want to meet her? I review her profile and if the answer is yes, I put more thought into a reply and then immediately propose a time and place. There is none of this emailing back and forth, I don't have time for that. I am looking for a yes, tomorrow or the next day is fine, or I move on to the next person.

It sounds like you are waiting too long to meet and lose them to someone else.

• So far my experience from dating sites was not great as well, I get to know better people in non-dating sites, then in dating sites, which is quite ironic. Maybe those guys lost interest for some reason, or they just weird.

• It's the worst experience. I'm not saying that I've met good guys on there it's just... weird haha. But I've gotten some pretty shady creepy messages. And I'm sorry you had a not so good online dating experience too.

• There's hope, aye what dating site you your on. Maybe we chat it up here or what ever. Anyway guys notice your not there type. But I wouldn't pass up an opportunity.

• When I am the one to stop talking with someone online, it's usually because I didn't feel they were engaging enough in our conversation, or asking any questions that show any mutual interest. It can only be one-sided for so long. That might just be me though.

• Don't say that there isn't any hope for you. Just look at your profile and see if you have to improve on things and also view by analyzing yourself to see that if you need to improve on somethings. May I ask, what type of men are you looking for?

• Someone whose honest, respectful, funny, down to earth. I also like someone who will provide and protect me. I don't think I'm asking for much. But there's so many creepy guys out there and it scares me.

• Creepy as in some guy asked me what I was wearing.. indicating he was literally jacking off... :(

Some talk to me.. and they just stop talking to me. Ugh! This is stressful haha.

• That is pretty creepy.

• You haven't looked around much, have you? :P

What Girls Said 1

• You will probably find someone. I found my boyfriend on OkCupid. You need to talk to them and try to not appear so boring or run out of topics

• That's the thing, I got some of their snapchats and one asked me what I was wearing.. I blocked him instantly. That was so creepy. And is that one free?

• It's so cringy. And I don't know what to do. So do I wait around till someone comes along?

• I agree. Well I didn't use the app actively, so the guys used to message me but it's worth a shot messaging other guys that you might be interested in.