Movie date advice?

It is the second date and we are going to the movies. (Before you say this is a bad idea, we had excellent conversations on the first date so we know we are compatible already.) Anyway, I know that he likes me but I want to see how I feel about him and whether or not I am physically attracted. I thought this would be a good test (sitting close together in a dark room). I'm not looking to kiss him yet but I would like to try holding hands, cuddling, leaning my head on him (the movie theatre seats are connected like a couch). How can I make this easy and not awkward? Two things I'm nervous about:
1) What if it is going so well and I do like him and he tries to kiss me but I'm not ready to kiss yet?
2) What if I realize I'm not attracted to him? How do I make it not awkward?

Please give me tips and advice!!!

If I am attracted to him I WANT to hold hands and cuddle but NOT kiss.

If I am NOT attracted to him I just want to watch the movie.
How can we hold hands without him kissing me?

67

Most Helpful Guy

• Just be yourself an follow your heart... and if he wants to kiss and you're not ready just tell him it's too early. But don't forget to tell him as well if it is because you don't really like him or if you just want to wait a little.
    Best is not to raise questions but answer them. Being nice and open with each other works best :D

Most Helpful Girl

• I always find if the movie has a tense moment of action or suspense, I'll just reach over and squeeze his hand. If the suspense ends I then can reach for my soda/popcorn or just keep hopkding if I like it.

What Guys Said 6

• bowling would of been better... could of checked out the booty.. lol you can't cuddle and hold hands and not expect a kiss move... this shit should all be spontaneous anyway not drawn out like an architectural project. I say stop worrying and go with the flow ! don't out so many rules out there.

• I know I know it's just that I haven't kissed anyone and I'm scared of it

• ok well try and not put too much emphasis on whether it's going to happen or not... anxiety on a date is never good!

• You better not hold hands and cuddle with him, to not risk him getting an wrong ideas, of taking it further, with a kiss or even sex. Keep your distance, until you are ready and sure. If you not attracted to him then do nothing with him, except for watching the movie with him. I watched movies with some girls, without anything happening, so it's totally possible.

• I know for a fact he isn't expecting sex because he knows I am very inexperienced and he said he wouldn't have sex unless he was in a relationship. If I realize I am attracted to him why can't I hold hands and cuddle without having to kiss him?

• Didn't you told in the past that some guy had kissed you already?

• Well technically yes. I was sexually assaulted and hated every second of it. But I didn't feel anything positive and he kissed me like he was kissing a wall.

• 1) Don't kiss, don't do anything you don't wanna do yet. If he asks, tell him the truth: you're not ready for it yet.

2) You don't need to say it, just think about if it's worth to continue dating him or not.

• Too simple: just behave like you are into the movie, and don't want to be distracted.

Next question? ;)

• But if I am attracted to him I want to hold hands and cuddle and stuff

• "How can we hold hands without him kissing me?"

Not sure I understand this question. You won't be able to stop him, because your hand will be necessarily restrained by a romantic gesture?

• Basically I want to possible touch him without kissing

• for the love of good either u like him or not overyhinking on a kiss what will do on sex than

• As usual I bet he had to ask you out first

• Well I do and he does. It is mutual.

• Ya but girls usually will never be the one to plan dates

What Girls Said 5

• I've never really been on a date date. Been out with my boyfriend but we were friends first. Never did the 'getting to know each other' thing. So our dates consist of
    "what do we wanna do?"
    "I dunno"
    "Waffle place?"
    "Waffle place"

Then wed go to the waffle place and eat waffles. And Id hope he's extra hungry cause i usually get him to finish mine. I can never fit those last four to six squares in.
    Went to Timezone once. That was a waste of fifty bucks.
    haven't really done anything else. Almost a year and a half and weve been on a total of four dates.

• 1) If he tries to kiss you and if you feel that you're not ready for it, tell him to stop. Tell him you're not ready. If he likes you, he'll understand and respect your feelings.
    2) I might be wrong, but maybe you should be honest. And tell him that you don't want to go on another date.

Hope this helps.

• Just lean your head on his shoulder. Can't kiss you that way

• Haha that's true. But I have to pick my head up eventually. I was thinking of when we say good night he might try to kiss me because if I'm leaning on him at the movie he would think I want him to kiss me.

• Just start to lean on him during the movie.
    if he tries to kiss you just turn your cheek to his lips and smile.

• I always tell guys I don't kiss on the first date