Online dating is a nightmare?

So, I joined POF (plenty of fish) and oh my god. It's so stressful, I had to pinpoint out all of the meatheads. I'm seriously starting to second think that I'm never going to find a person who I can connect with. Do you think the right person will come along? I'm so so mad, because these guys keep throwing themselves at me and I'm not that kind of girl.. I want a guy who I can connect with and someone who I can grow with..

07

Most Helpful Guy

• Right. A lot of guys can't think any deeper than Tinder. Get out your douchebag filter. You're going to need it!

https://giphy.com/gifs/WBZakt3KlACA

• You couldn't be any more accurate!

• I wouldn't jump out of the fish tank immediately, though. The majority of guys who write to you are going to be terrible, but you only need one good one. Right? Give it some time and don't get wrapped up in the clueless, clumsy guys who have no online dating game.

• Thanks for the MHO! :)

What Guys Said 6

• I'm probably just going to come off like a geezer out of touch with the online dating trend, but I never understood it.

Why look for people online when there are guys out there right outside your door that you can befriend, get to know for a while, who aren't starting off looking at your profile and picture to determine whether or not you're a dating prospect?

To me the most meaningful way to find a decent partner is to network and build social connections in person. I'd rather go to bars and night clubs looking for girlfriends in that respect than online dating sites. At the very least I get that ability to chat with them a bit upfront and in person.

• Some people (like myself) can't find anyone. Trust me, I have tried.. well maybe not hard enough. But I can see your point.

• You will find someone eventually, I'm socially awkward and unattractive, so, I likely will never get a girlfriend.

• @cjp94 Socially awkward is a fixable thing -- it's a skill you can improve with any fears you can get over, not a natural born talent. And you look just fine.

• Online dating can go both ways. It is really upto you to completely filter and ignore the people you dont connect with.

• I've heard so many success stories, whenever I think I met someone they turn out to be a jerk off.

• You will eventually find someone good but in the process you will meet quite a few jerks

• There's hope, haha. It's very overwhelming 😧

• it depends on what you're looking for, POF is one of the better ones, but OKCupid is my personal favorite. if you're looking for marriage or something along those lines, eHarmony.

what is it that you are or are not looking for?

• I'm just looking for friendship first and if it develops into a relationship that would be great. I'm not looking for a meathead, and that's what all I've been getting.. ugh haha.

• Haha, so true! And no I don't have revealing pictures up at all. I'm all covered up if that's what you mean. And I'm surprised they are allowed to do that :o

• you don't have to be naked. different angles, an overabundance of makeup, poses, anything that could be considered sexy or cute will be held against you in a court of online dating.

• yea im fully with you man but I've never tried internet dating i hear it takes a long time to find someone to connect with

• I'm sure it's going to take a long time, haha. I'm reconsidering it and might delete my profile.

• lol i actually think i might have tried somethink like that once but i deleted it after 2 days lol

• That's how it goes with free online dating sites. Young women get a lot of interest. Don't even bother saying "no thanks". Just ignore anyone that's doesn't interest you.

• You probably get overwhelmed with messages, I don't get replies back very often so I could see why since you have to go through so much but eventually you'll find someone

• It's so overwhelming I tell ya, I had to block so many guys because they were "in the mood." It sickens me, I don't want to be talked to like that.

• Yeah that's dumb on their part, just keep sorting through it, at least you have options, I never have to sort through messages since I never get much

What Girls Said 0