Would any guy call you the "sweetest"?

On my friend's birthday, who I am sort of crushing on right now but I don't know if I'm being friendzoned. I sent him a text saying "Happy birthday! I'm so glad we reconnected! Have a good one, you deserve an amazing birthday." He replied with "Aww, Alina you're the sweetest! Thank you so much! I'm glad we reconnected too. :)"

Guys what do you think? I know I may be over reading things but I can't help it.

A little background story, he was my high school crush and we reunited last year and hooked up... he doesn't have lady friends so I'm put in a different category. He described it as platonic because we already passed the threshold of being friends. He moved to a different country a long time ago so I see him every now and then because I travel to his country for work. Anyways, whenever I would hang out with one of our high school friends, he would ask if I like him or have hooked up with him. T

02

What Guys Said 2

• you are definitely over analyzing it too quickly. I would ask him if he wanted to hang out some time and if he says yes then you are in business. no need to get too happy to quick

• Ugh long story short, he was my high school crush and we reunited last year and hooked up... he doesn't have lady friends so I'm put in a different category. He described it as platonic because we already passed the threshold of being friends. It's weird because he moved to a different country and whenever I would hang out with one of our high school friends, he would ask if I like him or have hooked up with him. Then he tells me to delete dating apps and I'm guessing it's because he's looking out for me (I've told him my experience on there). And he doesn't think it's a good idea that his friend tries to hook me up with someone I know and even suggested I do a one night stand.

• Wow that probably didn't make too much sense. I updated the question if I confused you lol

• I wouldn't say it's friend zoning you but I don't think know if he would be interested either

What Girls Said 0