What does it really take to get a girlfriend?

Ok so back in high school I was fat and out of shape and considered repulsive by most girls I weighed around 230 pounds and it was all fat like I would just eat till I passed out, but now I'm 25 I'm fit and muscular I weigh 160 and still women ignore me is it just that I'm not meant to ever experience love no matter what my body looks like because I have a very nice personality

Thanks
Thanks for all the opinions

Most Helpful Girl

• Almost no one who claims to have a nice personality, or are a Nice Guy (TM) are really very nice. They usually seem entitled because they think being nice is the only qualification for a woman to agree to sex. Learn how to be a genuine, giving friend to women with no expectation, and see if that helps you.

• No I know what you are exactly talking about and yes I'm 100% genuine I will go without if people need help it's always been my mindset help others before yourself

• @Exterminatore You aren't even as old as I am. You certainly haven't studied a broad scope of worldwide feminism, womanism and women's justice and liberation movements, because you think all of Feminism is defined by one subsect of feminists. It's like saying Tim McVeigh speaks for all Christians in America.

Galatians 3:28 is what I think God thinks of women. Matthew 25 tells me what God commands about marginalized people. Heck the entire book of Ruth celebrates the forthright immigrant woman who bucked social convention to care for her mother-in-law, and went to her king in the dark of night demanding his devotion, and from their union came the line of kings that begat Jesus. Revelation 5:10 shows how Jesus elevated women as equals of men. In Luke 13 Jesus declares another woman as the receiver of the same blessings as men.

• I agree with virtually nothing you said.

If you want to continue this conversation message me. We're blowing up this thread.

What Girls Said 2

• I'd say it's very individual. Stay you and stay confident in who you are. Both men and women are attracted to different things and I think that most girls get attracted to the person rather than how a person looks like. Note that I'm not talking about everyone. But my point is that it's not easy to just "get a girlfriend" because many girls that wants a relationship would rather want real emotion. So yes you could look great and have a nice personality but both of the partners also need to feel a certain attraction to be with the other one. It's different to be like "yes I like this girl, she's nice and she looks good" but the real question is "Is this girl someone that I would like to make happy everyday? Is this a person that I would want to spend my time on?" etc. It's not about getting a girlfriend or boyfriend... I'd say it's more to it than just that. :)

Keep on living life, do you and I'm sure by time things will say *click* between you and a special someone.

• I sure hope so midway to thirty and nothing yet

• Don't worry about it! My older sister is turning 25 this year and has never had a boyfriend and she is very pretty. She haven't met someone she'd like to put time and effort into. I think she's feeling a lot like you because loads of her friends have boyfriends, are getting married and has moved in together. I think it's some kind of social pressure. My mom by the way didn't meet my dad until she was around 34 or something.

• No I mean ever like I didn't even have a girlfriend in middle or high school like I don't know what it's like for a girl to have feelings towards me

• just not being a dickhead

What Guys Said 5

• Money

• Are you horribly disfigured?

• No at least I don't believe so

• I think you mean passive...

• What do you mean

• The blessing of God and maybe luck.

Hard to find a woman worth making my girlfriend.

• Yeah dude there's a lot of women out there who don't have the Same values and beliefs I do

• Brush yourself off big dawg and get back in the game.

• Thing is I mentally believe that other girls will be just like her

• I really don't know. I've always been in good shape and never been overweight and girls take no interest in me either. Obviously relationships are more than just physical appearance, but you would think if one remains in good shape at least one or two girls feel an attraction at some point. I don't know, maybe you just have to get lucky.

• That's what I'm really starting to think that it's all a odds game

• Yeah you have to meet the right person at the right time and all that I guess, but I don't think it should have to come down to luck, it just doesn't seem fair. I mean people say there is someone out there for everyone, but if thats true why do so many people end up alone? I've only had one relationship and it didn't last long, and besides that girls barely even look at me. I'm kinda worried too that I'm just not one of the lucky ones and that it won't ever happen for me.

• Well girls occasionally stare at me but nothing ever comes from it