To the ladies who want a traditional type man, what do you bring to the table, what makes you worthy of a man like that?

Most Helpful Girl

• Cook, clean, have his children, look after the children, give him sex whenever he wants, run him a bubble bath after a long day, give him a massage and do anything else he wants

What Girls Said 17

• questions like this make me laugh. so much passive aggression in this question. i think the asker is one of those guys that feel like this; "women always want a traditional guy but don't bring much to the table." " they only wanna be traditional when it suits them." "after you marry the women she's gonna get fat and not want sex anymore."

to be honest, traditional life makes me ill. its cute when i think of it in my dreams but the reality is there's a lot that could go wrong. if i divorce him, i wanna make sure i already have my own money, so when i leave i don't have to worry about being broke. the comments i'm reading at the bottom sounds like some 19th century shit, sounds like something a paid mistress/servant is going to do for a bachelor whom never really wanted to settle.

• Not only did you not answer my question, you provided me with useless information and also made an assumption about me not knowing my intentions behind this post

• No problem. He's so incredible. I love listening to his podcast

• Red Thunder is my nickname haha I'm glad you like it

• Well I'm not going to lie. My boyfriend is a way better cook than me. We usually prepare the food together but he tells me what to do and is teaching me. If there wasn't a dish washer then I'd clear the table as it's only fair. I'm lazy AF when it comes to cleaning though haha. We both are and agree to take it in turns.

He is traditional in the way of being the one to take the lead and looking after me though. He is a typical dominant, alpha male and I find that incredibly attractive. I wouldn't say I'm a traditional girl at all. I'm not sure what exactly I bring to the table in terms of "traditional" things to be honest. I think what I bring is what any relationship should: love, laughter, companionship and support.

• ALSO. My parents had a very traditional kind of marriage. My Dad worked full time and was the only person bringing home money. He payed for everything and because of that he thought he was entitled. My Mum used to have a good job in a school but decided there was no point working with kids all the time and never spending time with her own kids. She would look after me and my siblings, spend all day cleaning, cooking food for when he got home, bringing him cups of coffee.. She was practically treated like a slave and he would only get up out of "his chair" to go to the toilet. I'm surprised he could do that by himself tbh. He never appreciated her. He was sexist too and thought men were superior. It's funny because he lost his job a year ago and hasn't had a job since. My Mum got 3 jobs to pay for the bills. She goes out at 9am every day and only comes home between 7-8pm. When she gets home she still cooks and cleans. My Dad literally sits on his arse all day playing on his computer..

• My Dad cheated on my Mum when I was 10ish over the course of a few years with different women. They went bankrupt as well and we're separated for a while. My Dad went off with this other woman and she ended up getting pregnant. They were going to get divorced but then the woman lost the kid and he came crawling back. My Mum says she took him back because of me and my siblings. She wanted us to have a Dad and couldn't afford to keep the house without his income. It was a pretty shitty time tbh and she's never trusted him since. 10ish years later though and I don't *think* he's cheated since... So I guess there's that.

• Damn. Sorry about all that :/ I feel you though. My Dad wasn't a good Dad. But my Mom wasn't a good Mom either. But enough of that, I dont want to focus on the negatives in my past

• Well, I cook and i dance for him at the same time, I iron his clothes, i give him the best Bj's in the world, and I cater to him because he deserves it, and because the does all of the above for me too :) we share these things so it's not only me cooking or cleaning.

• Well that depends on the guy and how they see things. Just because I think I bring something to the table doesn't mean I do and just because someone is my type doesn't mean I am there's... the same goes the other way around as well. Most of this stuff is perception and mine is bound to be different from his, it doesn't matter what qualities I think I have but what qualities he thinks I have (and what qualities I view him as having ) and if they are in line with what he is looking for. I decide if you are my type and are what I am looking for and you decide if I am yours. I don't try to find the type of guy I'm in then start selling my self or assuming I'm a catch... that is for him to decide.

• I bring my awesome sense of humor, I can be classy as fuck, I'm loyal, can cook like no other, and I'm very dedicated.

• Not "competing" here, but, if there was a traditional sort of man I was attracted to in real life, I don't see why I would need certain qualities to attract his attention, especially seeing as every man is different.

My elegance and eloquence may be attracted to some, may be snobby towards others.

My shitty cooking and may be amusing and cute to some, unacceptable for others.

My habit of cussing (as seen above) may be endearing to a few, and to others may be immature and rash.

Same goes for my cleaning not out of wanting to do it but to relieve stress, dancing in the kitchen in the middle of the night, my inability to do makeup, my love for books and the night, my bluntness and honesty, my sarcasm and realism, and other traits.

It really depends.

• My obsession with having the floors spotless, bed always made in the morning, my love for music, and a type of love and respect for him that takes everything to a brand new level.

• Because I'm a traditional woman? I will cook, clean, let him take the lead / the decision, be always on his side, support him, stuff like that.

• I don t like labels
    I am pretty moderate and I want a partner with similar views

• I'm more of a traditional woman. I have no problem staying home raising my kids, cooking, cleaning. Teaching my family, loving them, cherishing them. Just as long as my husband is pulling his weight.

• I bring cookies and lasagna to the table? Is that enough?

• Being human is all it takes for someone to be treated best as possible x

• Food, clean dishes, my wonderful vagina

• I don't think thats how love and relationships work.

• I don't understand. Two people in a relationship should both be contributing to it and bringing things to the table. I'm simply asking women who want this type of man what they bring to the table that makes them deserving of such a man.

• Assuming you are talking about yourself, I guess she would have to bring your dinner to the table after she has cooked and cleaned all day. Good luck

• This did not answer my question. It was completely irrelevant. It was not about me, I'm not traditional by any means.

• For me, it will be my loyalty to him.

• Id like someone whos a gentleman and honest