How often do you meet a great person but it's not going to last?

I'm in this situation now. This man is amazing but I know it's not going to work out. I'm still around though because I've never met anyone liken him and I'm sure I won't again for a long time.

85

Most Helpful Guy

• Actually, I've met people who seemed great at first but then ended up being pieces of shit and then left me.

• Thanks for most helpful guy. Yeah usually they wouldn't last because they were on the rebound but then I'd see their true colors.

Most Helpful Girl

• Pretty much any guy that I've seen before or since my ex has been nice but I knew it wouldn't last. I've pretty much made up my mind that my ex was the only one for me so now any guy I spend time with I know won't last, at this point I'm just bidding my time with whoever I can stand for more than a night.

What Guys Said 4

• Doesn't happen to me very much, but I normally try and make the most of the relationship while I can by getting to know her well and then getting her # when it's time for you guys to not see each other in person anymore

• I met a girl who is great but broke up due to incompatibility. Feel like she is just there for the hell of it and no more sparks or feeling, but I guess everyone is different. Just go with the flow.

• If he's so amazing, why won't it last?

My last girlfriend was pretty amazing. I knew it wasn't going to last though either because we had some major differences that I knew wouldn't work for the long term.

• Make it work :)

• He doesn't want a relationship at all.

• Well then I guess you could ghost him... see if he misses you. See if he texts you or messages you first.

What Girls Said 7

• dont stress about something that has not happen yet enjoy that great person and see where it takes you... you might be suprised

• sometimes you meet people and like them and realize they aren't worth your time and energy there is plenty more fish in the sea and when people get to experience what is called " puppy love " they will know what i mean

• just enjoy while you can

• I'm trying. It sucks im. jot going yo. meet someone like him again

• Lol like always

• happens often to me too

• i have done this a few times and got sucked in and hurt at the end. Stay detached if you can

• ... Never