Messaging eacother for over a week, he wants to meet up, but im unsure because he isn't super attractive?

Im on this dating app where i matched with this guy, and he messaged me, we have been messaging eacother for over a week now. This isn't a guy im super attracted to, he is kinda cute and he is a bit older so that made him quite interesting to me. He comes across as this really nice guy, and i have enjoyed the conversations we have had.

He suggested us actually meeting up, but a part of me inst super excited about going to be honest. Its not necessalry because of him, i just well.. im not sure. So since im not really into meeting him im not sure if i should.. on one side i think it could be interesting to meet up, and if things doesn't go well, i dont need to talk to him anymore. or on the other hand fr all i know, we have a great chemistry.. I think the fact that he isn't really handsome/hot that is holding me back. He is not ugly, by any means. Would you go in this situation?

53

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like you might have certain preferences about an ideal guy, be that appearance- or personality-related, and that isn't a bad thing. If I were in a similar situation with a girl I'd have mixed feelings about her appearance too, and it's just because I know what I'm looking for in a girl. If she doesn't have what makes her stand out in my eyes, I'd likely feel hesitant.

Most Helpful Girl

• Do you like him? Is he compatible with the exception of his looks? If so, I think you should give him a chance, look beyond the surface. Also, worst case scenario, you don't like him, wasted some time on a date but hey you won't waste any more time messaging him right?

What Guys Said 2

• Reverse the situation. if you were the one a guy was seeing that way, what would you want him to do? Then just do that...

• yes i would go to a date with him because beeing hot is important when everything else is great

• but he isn't super hot? lol thats kinda the "issue"

• I think if you enjoy talking with him the rest don't matters. my girlfriend isn't super hot too but I like a lot of her

What Girls Said 4

• You shouldn't go because I don't think you really want to.

• Give it him a chance. Still mixed feelings after the date? Cut him off.

• Just go meet him, maybe he looks better in person than in pics.

• Meet up with him it couldn't hurt. Some people are bad at taking photos. And if you aren't attracted to him you aren't obligated in any way to kiss and/or fuck this guy