Why do people miss interpret my kindness for flirting with them?

i have this problem where i will talk to a female and i will just be friendly but most people accuse me of flirting with them. what is the line between flirting and being friendly?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think im a natural flirt and when i talk to people it sounds as though im flirting but its unintentional and its like oops after i realize i started to sound as though i was flirting with someone even though i have a boyfriend. I find it hard to be friendly and not be flirting so I don't know

What Girls Said 1

• Guys always flirt with me and I try to be friendly but I don't want to flirt back cause I have a boyfriend and then when u tell them they're like why are u talking to me then and I'm like CAUSE U APPROACHED ME BOY I SWEAR so I get what u mean I guess be nice to every girl but if they start to get flirty be like okay girl I'm not into that rn

What Guys Said 2

• I come from a European upbringing and my kindness like the rest of my family always gets mistaken for being flirtatious. Men aren't expected to be overly positive and friendly, hence why I get asked if I'm flirting or gay.

• Because you don't know how to be friendly in a non-flirtatious way. Think about how your grandma would be friendly with a stranger and be like that.