Girlfriend dancing with other guys makes me uncomfortable and bothered, is this jealousy and would I be controlling telling her to stop doing this?

I'm 23 years old and she is my first girlfriend, we have been going out for a 6 months and she hangs out with her female friends but lately she has started clubbing and taking me clubbing I don't dance so she tells me I can sit and stuff, she dances with other guys and it makes me uncomfortable, she grinds on other guys and sometimes they even slap her butt, one other incident involved her doing what I think is flirting with another guy, this dude was huge must have been over 6 foot and looked like the rock, they flirted with each other right in front of me, and he even asked me if she was my girlfriend and when I said yes, he said I may have to take this snow bunny off of your hands, I didn't know what to say and i honestly got so scared because when he said this his body posture changed to intimidating or hostile, and he kept sizing me up looking me up and down, he said some other stuff that I prefer not to say and I just mumbled and he laughed and said something like bye cutey or girl and my girlfriend giggled, she turned to me and said why didn't I say anything and her friends saw the whole thing and said I'm not a good boyfriend because I didn't step up and say anything and be a man, i guess I was so scared that I was having like shakes or spasms when I got home, from being so nervous when the guy confronted me, I don't know what to do, I asked my mom and I asked other females I know online and they all said that confronting her about her dancing is jealousy and controlling behavior, my mom said that's girls like to dance and that maybe I should learn to dance instead of being a party pooper, what should I do than I'm uncomfortable with this but at the same time I don't want to be labeled a pu$$y or a coward, what should I do?

12

What Girls Said 1

• I can completely understand why that would make you uncomfortable. If I had a boyfriend who enjoyed grinding himself on other women, I'd dump him immediately. I don't understand how can you be that patient and overly tolerant with her. I mean, she was practically flirting with the other dude right in front of you and you were just standing there doing nothing.
    Also, your mom and your other female friends don't know what they are saying.

What Guys Said 2

• O man yeah let me tell you exactly what you need to do. As far as people slapping her butt thats got to stop. I was in a similar position i was sitting while my girlfriend and her friends were dancing. Some guys started dancing with her not innapropriately but after i saw that i got up (not knowing how to dance at all mind you) and just grabbed her and started dancing with her. She loved it! She didn't care that i looked like an idiot. Your girl is bringing you with her to have fun and believe me if you decide to be mr party pooper once yohr there she's not gonna let that stop her from enjoying herself. Start dancing with her whether you know how to or not and NO MATTER WHAT! dont let some guy rub all kver your girl like that! Speak up next time, you can still be respectful about it and dont need to cause a comotion.

• You shouldn't be scared and she'll lose respect for you. You must figure out how to go about it. Now you draw your line that this will never ever happen again. Don't down yourself or worry about other day cause there not living your life. People wil not accept you for you cause they are not you. So freak it all. I'd suggest you set your ground rules and tell her don't do it again.