Would it make you feel insecure if the person you're dating is bisexual?

I'm bi and I've had some people I've dated in the past (either straight men or lesbians) be really insecure about it. I think they felt like there was double the chance i'd cheat on them (not the case, i've never cheated)

Would it make you feel insecure? why?

840

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, I would. In a sense even thought them being bisexual doesn't have anything to with their personal morality, it just feels riskier because it seems their dating window is bigger.

Sorta how someone being super hot doesn't mean they are cheaters but some people would feel more insecure dating a Super Model VS a Average girl/boy because you almost feel they have more options. But like I said being hot has nothing to do with the person being faithful or not.

I've had some girls I've even feel a bit insecure when they find out I find transexuals attractive or that I have found some guys attractive as well, and some of them feel a little insecure about my "Tiny" bisexual side

• I think many things in life are super complicated, and even though one thing doesn't necessarily mean something, we as humans can't help but always find a reason to correlate things and see risk into things.

For example, the woman who dresses "slutty" and works in hooters might be faithful and never cheat, while the stay at home mom who's always wear suits and is kindergarten teacher actually is a big time cheater, so you can never tell someone's personal morality based on what you see on the outside but human beings, but people will also judge based on personal biases.

So I think it's a mixture of people just reducing things to chances or risk factors but also on some level stereotyping certain looks or "Lifestyles" if you wanna call it that.

• Lol yeah I understand, thanks for responding, :) and I hope my answer was useful

• 🙂 thanks for the MHG

Most Helpful Girl

• A little just because you know that your partner is looking at both other hot men and women

What Guys Said 39

• See.. I see it like this: If you're with someone, then your sexuality is irrelevant. Like, if you're bisexual but with a guy, then for all he cares, you could be straight, because you're with him, no? See, trust in a relationship is important, if they're mistrusting of you for something so small, chances are the relationship won't last long anyway.

• No. I've also heard people say that bi people are more prone to cheating because they can cheat with anyone, but with the amount of people available, anyone from any sexual orientation has plenty of chances to cheating. A bitch will cheat whether they're gay, lesbian, bi, or straight.

Though I will say, the only thing that worries me about a bi girl is if she has this belief that she can kiss/fuck other girls because since I like girls, it's not cheating... that's bs. Kissing/fucking someone else, whether they're male or female, is cheating. If it's not your partner, it's cheating.

• I wouldn't be dating them. I date someone because I'm looking for a permanent partner. If she is, I want a partner that is loyal to me just like I'm loyal to her. Being Bi shouldn't be an excuse to cheat. You don't but many do. They just can't go without the other sex forever. This has nothing to do with being insecure or secure. I have friends that are Gay and Bi. I've asked them questions about this and they said that many do, but not all. I wouldn't risk it.

• I wouldn't knowingly date a bi girl. About 6 or 7 months ago there was this lady who wrote a myTake on how and why she left her husband. She was bi, and she said she never lost the yearning to be with another woman sexually while she was married. There's no 100% guarantee that a straight partner won't cheat or leave you for another person, but at least they don't have the sexual desire to be with another woman.

• Have dated a bi-sexual woman, and I can tell you this, I have never felt more insecure in any other relationship. It didn't help that she was hinging towards women than men, and yet she was still with me. At the end of the relationship, I felt used, low on self-esteem, and overall felt shitty.
    After that bad experience, I'm sticking to straight women. It's not about bi-sexual women being bad partners, it's about me being traumatised to the point that I am unable to date a woman like that again.

• Yeah, I don't really trust bisexuals and I also assume they are more promiscuous than the average straight girl.

• I will not lie and say that I'd have completely no problems with it at all. But it's not a dealbreaker.

• Not really, her sexual orientation wouldn't bother me because she is with me anyway.

• No. I've dated bisexual. If someone loves you it means you are the one they choose out of twice as many options. I do get insecure if mybgf says she misses boobs or something only a woman can provide. id also feel insecure about a three some if she's bisexual.

• I'm extraordinarily unattractive.
    So yea, while I'd have no problem dating a bi girl, I'd feel really insecure about it, because I would already see myself lesser than any other guy, nevermind females who are way more attractive than guys on a general note. Plus a lot of bisexual women I see tend to prefer women more than men, so there's that too.

• Nope not gonna phase me people like what they like and I won't judge them for that also if I did have insecurities like that I'd talk to my SO about that might just be diff since I'm pan

• i've a big crush on a girl who's bisexual and i love her so much. the only insecurity i've ever had was that the chance i would ever be with her would decrease and that made me feel depressed, but i've learnt from it. those prejudices are too exaggerated. a bisexual person is as likely to cheat as a straight person. so yeah, i wouldn't mind having a relationship with a bi-girl. i think it's even better so i could learn from her, about how it feels and she can empty her heart. a person is a person.

• It may make people insecure because they feel like they now must compete with both men and women and they feel like they can't do that.

• Nope. People who cheat will cheat either way. Bi straight Gay lesbian it has nothing to do with that. It has to do with the person.

• I would never date a bisexual girl. Why? Well, it's bad enough that I have to watch out for my girlfriend falling for other guys, but now girls as well? What if she prefers vaginas more? No, I am not taking my chances.

• Not really, but then I expect the worst out of people. It wouldn't matter to me if they were bisexual. That might be because I don't bother with relationships at all, though. So take that with a grain of salt.

• Maybe s bit, mostly because I don't consider me to be atractive, if competing with other guys is didficult already, let alone competing with girls, I just can't compete with that.

• not insecure. but I will take the challenge to satisfy her more than any women too.

• I would prefer it, but I am not monogamous anyway.

• Nope

• wouldn't care at all

• Bi sexual girls are best.. Couse they know how to enjoy from sex.. I had bi girlfriend.. And i speak for myself i would love my girl was flirting and banging other girls.. And yes bi girlfriend brings ffm 3some 😊

• No it wouldn't. I'm bi myself

• Nope. Because I won't date them in the first place.

• I've been insecure when my ex was questioning her sexuality I talked to her about it and we explored togther

• no, your sexual orientation doesn't dictate your character

• yes because when any kind of selfishness comes into our attitudes then definitely it would be harmful for others

• not a hassle for me. I may even ask to join in with the female friend.

• No if she is bi, I wouldn't be bothered

• People that cheat are going to cheat, It has nothing to do with having a larger selection...

• More from Guys
    9

What Girls Said 7

• Honestly? Yes, it would.

• Wouldn't be a problem for me and it's only ever been a problem for one of my boyfriends

• My partner says he couldn't care less about my being bi, it doesn't really affect him 😂

• It could be complicated. I would think if you weren't satisfied you'd cheat on me. But if there is trust things work out

• I'd prefer him to be straight but If I like him enough It's okay.

• Considering I am pansexual, no.

• No. I'm bisexual myself.