If you could create your own "ONLINE DATING APP" what would it look like?

For those who hate or love online dating. What if you had the power to create your own app? What would you like to see to make it a better experience? If they all suck then how would you make it better?

Most Helpful Girl

• Plenty of dinosaurs
    Where only real dinosaurs date other dinosaurs

Most Helpful Guy

• It would be a chat application. There would be no profiles, no pics, no email. Just a chat window where you would be randomly partnered with a person of the opposite sex that lives nearby. If you hit it off, you see each other again, if not you don't.

It'd be like anonymous, chatroom speed dating.

What Girls Said 3

What Guys Said 17

• LOL, really?

"If" I were to create my own online dating app then it should be focused specifically upon these things:

-Made specifically for those that don't have any kids of their won and are absolutely certain that they don't ever want any kids, but still want to give a chance for relationships or dating, or companionship and commitment (I'm the former, but not the latter) there really aren't too much in this category, there's "YesChildFree" but there aren't too many members there.

-Or focus more on friendships instead of just meeting up at a bar or a café or coffee shop.

-NOT for hookups (There's already enough apps for this purpose that it is already over saturated)

-Made specifically made for those that are chronically single for a long time, any where from being single for 30 years or beyond, it's pretty much choose to try and give it a shot or forget about it altogether, because I would expect that if someone that had been chronically single 40 years or even 60 years, they really wouldn't care to try anymore by then.

-Possibly made for those that want to find somebody to go travel and do something together instead of the typical "movie and dinner" or anything that's just too common.

Don't have any other ideas atm. I never bothered anymore after making a profile to try online dating very long time ago. It just didn't work for me and I just abandoned it quickly altogether and never bothered to try again.

• Like OK CUPIDS app except I'd have honest statistics displayed like how many female users regularly use it, and how many males. How many messages each user has sent out/received to different people.

Guys would be able to see that the girl they want to contact has received something like 180 emails in the last 24 hours (odds of you standing out, slim to none)
    Women would be able to see something like the guy who contacted you that you liked? Has sent out 500 emails to 500 women in the last week and received zero replies.

That sort of thing.

• It would only accept video submissions. The profile and images are combined into the form of a video of a person introducing and describing themselves.

• Multiple video submissions can be accepted besides the introductory main video so that people can share aspects of their personality, their daily life, their friends, pets, etc. I think it's a more insightful glimpse into a person's character and life and demeanor, their overall persona and outward appearance, than any combo of images and text.

• That would be excellent -- I haven't thought it through to that level of detail, but just overall preference on videos revealing the person's character and appearance above all else.

• My main idea is to limit the amount of messages people can send each other. It seems like a huge problem with online dating is that tons of people (not talking specifically about GUYS or anything *ahem*) send massive volumes of low quality messages indiscriminately. I think everyone would have a better experience if they had to choose a few specific people they were genuinely interested in and make an effort to try to talk to them.

However, it would most likely fail because you usually can't change customers' behavior, you can only change your product to capitalize on the behavior they already do. If you're a/b testing your app and it makes more money when you let people send message "spam", then the business is not going to restrict messages if they want to remain in business.

So unfortunately, I think any dating app is fucked because people in general just have fucked up ways of dating.

• You would have to be of a certain skin tone and only for people of specific ethnic backgrounds and you would have to verify this information via specific picture pose and other verification stating your ethnicity. The site would be free and would only allow people who are 7+/10.

• If I created an app I would want to make money... having only certain skin tones leaves a ton of people out.. not sure that would be a good business move.

• LMAO ok tough guy

• I don't know. But, there's 2 main initial difficulties with making one. If can't make one on your own, which most can't,, it would cost like thousands of dollars to make one. Then you still have to pick out a good name that isn't taken,, which will be very very tuff. But a good name is very important. A good name is a name thats useful and gives a hint what the site is about and it is also a lot easier for people to remember. So my main initial focus would be the name of the website or app. then focus on the website/app security, bugs, glitches, lagging issues and anything that may need fixing. Aside from that, the one thing I would not leave out of it, no matter what, is the whos online feature. Pretty important.

• Good points.. thanks!

• Hundreds of thousands of dollars more likely :D

• Also I don't think those are major issues, and competent developer could make something with decent security and not too many bugs. Performance won't be much of an issue until you have thousands of visitors per day, and once you have that it'll be easy enough to attract investors.

The hard part is how do you make it both profitable and EFFECTIVE for actual dating. It seems relatively easy to make money off peoples' desire for validation and exploiting their dopamine reward system, but not easy to make it actually work for dating and also make enough money to stay up.

• Online dating is pointless investment of time, money, work and energy for 80% males. Only do online dating if you have model looks and money/resources. If you do decide to do online dating then be prepared to settle for scraps that the decent men dont want... especially whales and post wall sluts that are past their sell by date.

It would be less hassle, time efficient, less expense in long run to just buy escorts for whenever you need sex. An the best thing about escorts is they look like models, fuck like pornstars, fullfil your needs, you dont have to listen to them or talk to them and the best thing about is they don't WASTE your time like women do.

• I don't have model looks or money and will run circles around anybody anywhere when it comes to picking up chicks online. Am I just special?

• Sorry if that sounded a bit mean. Also last words, what do you mean agree to disagree?

• My business is a financial success and I have helped thousands of men over the last ten years get out of there own way with really great solutions. So your wrong you don't know me so please don't assume stupid shit. Agree? to disagree?

• I think a system where you have to "agree" to show each other's pictures. So in effect it means you have to like the sound of the other person first and foremost and initiate contact.

You have to think more meaningful interactions would result.

• It would look like a vagina and dick. You don't swipe right, you just slide dick in vagina, you don't swipe left, you move dick away from vagina

• I'm not even sure what could be done to aid online dating anymore. Guys are royally screwed when it comes to online dating.

Maybe make it so you are restricted to the number of messages you get equal to the messages you send. So that way it incentivizes women to make more of an effort to message guys back, as well as preventing their inboxes from filling.

• It would just be a webpage that says.

Stop wasting your time on dating websites go out into the real world and meet real women.

• there is no problem with modern world dating apps but i like to upgrade some privacy options like image sender has power whether he wants wants to share his picture with others or not permission to screenshot the conversation permission for downloading any content from their profile & rating people according to their behavior so one can get an idea how a person thinks

• Hit it & Quit it jk Be something like what you two like together it matches you to see what you two likes

• for people with autism who breath the memes

that way I can finally get a specific enough group of people that technically should fit me to all deny me as a person so I can finally fully accept I am dying alone :D

• yes many times

• You would be able to do searches based on level of baggage, number of previous partners and honesty based on lie detector testing. It will be called 'Honestencounters'

There would also be a redflag alert button if you notice any we missed in peoples profiles. This would then become a searchable criteria as well. You select how many redflags you are able to accept. You can also search for levels of sanity, cleanliness, promiscuity etc. There would also be a brain button, when you click on it, it would list any psychotic medications, mood swings, mind altering drugs or past episodes.

There would also be a sister sight called lastchancedating...

• I wouldn't because i don't believe in online dating. I believe real life interactions has way more value than reading a page online about a specific person.

• Well the question wasn't if you believe in it or not.. this is your chance to make it however you want it to be... it doesn't have to be just a page online.. it could be anything your heart desires. What would you want to see that would be valuable?