Is it possible to fall in love with someone we've never met in person?

We talk every day all day for to two months, but we are from different countries, do you think it possible?

1215

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know too many that survived once they met not to say it can't happen. If he is coming to see you then you will have to see if there is actual chemistry between you. Then go from there.

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally I couldn't. I need to know a guy on a deeper level before i fall in love.

You can't know a person's true character until you see them in real life settings... situations and circumstances , over a period of time.

People tend to create an image of what that person's like, but all they've fallen in love with is an illusion they've built themselves by knowing them from a distance. Usually when two people meet their illusion becomes shattered.

Before you give your heart it's best to wait until you can both meet up. Sometimes you don't really get to know someone until you actually live with them

What Guys Said 14

• You can absolutely "fall in love".

However, you are not falling in love with the person. You are falling in love with their online persona.

I had a long-distance relationship with a girl, which failed because we were each imagining the other "fitting into" our lives. She, christian, from a conservative and politically connected family, imagined me fitting into her life: converting to relgion, going to the same christian university, and getting married when we graduated. Me, atheist, from a liberal middle-class family, imagined her fitting into my life: coming to my liberal school, becoming more open-minded, and living with me in a nudist/polyamorous household.

We had the feeling of "in love", with genuine trust and genuine connection, but we were projecting our ideals onto the other.

Later, I wound up RP'ing a female college sophomore playing a female character on a MUD, as research for a paper in a "gender in culture" anthropology class. Even though she was fictional, "had a boyfriend", and never shared a picture, some guy from Minnesota "fell in love" with her. It was really unsettling to realize that this class experiment was fucking with some guy's emotions in real life.

That's not to say that yours can't work out: my wife's best friend is married, 15 years, to a guy she met on a dating website. It worked because they were both honest with each other, they shared religious and cultural beliefs, and they were realistic about imagining what the reality of moving together into was going to look like.

Good luck!

• Well, you might have the feelings of being in love but I don't really think you can say that you are really in love unless you know the person face to face. I think there is too much "fantasy buildup" in a situation like this. I did it also back when the internet was still new. It faded out before we went through with meeting in person. LOL I was kind of glad because I knew it was a lot of fantasy. A year later I was in her area and we met for lunch and it was a nice meet up, but no expectations at that point.

• obviously, only normal and natural. So many people who have crushes for characters in books, movies, or wherever really.

To be honest again, its kinda even more natural to fall in love with someone you never met in many ways also cause so often in those cases the focus is more on personality than looks anyway, which in the end is always the more deciding factor to relationships, if they work out or not.

• www.court-records.net/.../miles-crossed(c).gif

Maybe at best you fall in love with the idea of them. If you have really good conversations with someone, you can form really deep bonds with people. You would subconsciously form a idea of how they are as a person.

I have met amazing people online but never really someone I liked in a sexual way. It could be possible.

• I have had a computer and Internet to myself since I was 9 and I was always attracted to places like this. Place with online community. Long story short I talked to a girl for a year and it ended beacuse we couldn't meet. It changed the meaning of life for me. It's true you fall in love and love ever so pure but it always falls down.

• Of course not. Anybody who tells you "yes" doesn't know jack shit about love. You gotta understand, any retard nowadays considers him/herself in love. In my experience, less than 5% of them actually are. So what you have is a crush or whatever, and you are probably lonely. Its fine, its jyst not even close to love. Its like "love at first sight" - its physically impossible.

• I'd say no. You may have feelings that say he's a great person. "Falling in love" takes time and knowing someone in person for me.

• Yes! It's pretty possible. Good thing is that the comes to see you in June. Sometimes he will visit you and vice versa so that you both will come to know more about each other and take your relationship to the next level. Love has no boundaries. All the best to you.

• No. You're falling in love with your own feelings in your head. WOW!!

• Yes it is possible

• Yes. Is possible.

• yeah.. but it will be useless if u are not willing to meet..

• Nope. Love is an illusion anyway.

• NO, it's not, you are just in love with a fantasy or a projection of your desires. Everything is in your mind. There is also the question of why you are doing this with someone so far away when there are millions of guys that live locally.

I see that as a manifestation of your subconscious fears of intimacy or close relationships. This emotional unavailability means you instead seek out a fantasy, one that protects you from intimacy, while allowing you to explore and experience all of the other associated emotions. The longings, the butterflies, the ''when will we meet'', the ''sexual attraction'' etc.

This will follow a very similar pattern to almost every single other online relationship you've ever heard of anywhere.

The only way to keep things in reality with online relationships is to meet as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the more fantasy is built.

What Girls Said 11

• Yes, a while ago I remember being on the okcupid subreddit and someone posted their okcupid story. Apparently on a whim, he removed the geographical limitations and did a search for a match from anyone in the world, and found someone who he had a really high match % with in another country. They only talked and messaged, and a few years later she came to visit him in the US, they got along and they got engaged. So yes, it's possible.

• Really? He comes to my country to see me in June... I'm quite nervous. 😜

• Yeah, it's been a while so kind of difficult to find, but I remember it because the person encouraged people to perhaps try removing geography as a criteria and just see what happens. He did write that they were nervous but found that they did have sexual attraction to each other in real life, they already knew they got along really well, so they got engaged. Hope it goes well, it can definitely be quite nerve wrecking since you're meeting for the first time but remember, you do know each other already. :)

• Yes, i know. You are right 😌 thank you. 😊

• It is possible but highly unlikely that it's ACTUAL love.

• I've done it before but only once and it was because we were talking about issues very important to me.

• Yes it's possible just because you don't see each other in person it's not possible because it is

• Yes.

• For me it is :) personality is really important in a guy, for me. I have fallen for guys that live far away many times.

• I think you can fall in love with the idea of the person. But until you meet them and spend time with them and get to know them you will not be in love with them. Love take time. A lot of time.

• yes it is possible. I fell in love before.

• Mostly not possible.

• Yeah, I did it. It's been a year and a half and we talk a ton every day. And I'll finally meet him in a couple months.

• It's possible definitely