Is therapy helpful?

I'm an emotional wreck.

I can't get over this girl I love and my life is going no where.

I have gotten great advice from gag, I fought and beat depression.

I have a lot of anxiety, heart pain, and I'm unable to move forward in life.

I'm thinking about therapy, but Is it actually worth the time and money?

Or will it just be like getting advice on here?

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay well in my personal experience therapy has had very little benefits, it's a hit or miss in my opinion; you may find someone who can help you or you may find someone who you talk to well they sit there are so nothing for a hour. I wish you the best in whatever you choose, I can't say what will work for you but I know for me, therapy has never been helpful.

• That's what I'm afraid of

• Do either of those books interest you? Do you like reading?

• I haven't read a book in a while, so it seems like it might be a nice way to deal with things.

Most Helpful Guy

• Therapy can change your life. What's important is that you find one you like and feel you can trust. If you start and don't like them, try another. Since you are feeling the need, you should do it. I wish you the best in getting control of things. What you describe is happening to you can be very dangerous.

• You answered my curious question, I tagged you again now.

I feel horrible still.

• You won't feel better until you do something about it. Anxiety and pain in your chest are physical and mental ailments they are directly related to your depression. You are not over your depression like you think. Not even close. Get help for yourself. You will see light at the end of the tunnel if you do.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• It will be more professional. If it's worth the time and money is something u have to decide for yourself

• i think psycho therapy would help u relieve anxiety.. decrease depression and cope with new life and move forward