Met an amazing guy who wants a serious relationship with me. The only issue is that he's shorter than me?

Ladies, have you ever dated a guy shorter than you?

This is guy is literally perfect and everything that I could ask for... I'm just having a hard time getting over his height and the fact that I'm taller than him. How can I get past this?

Most Helpful Guy

• height is only a number I've dated girls taller then me and it was never an issue

• Thank you!

• You did. I actually met someone else so I'm not even talking to that guy anymore lol

• ok good 😊

What Guys Said 10

• So you're a very shallow person?

• If he really is perfect in every other way, maybe give it a chance.

• I don't understand how women can say that it's ok for a guy to be taller but not ok for a girl... isn't that (reverse) sexism? 🤔

• You can't. He's shorter than you, so he's no good.

• T
    r
    o
    l
    l

• How tall is he?

• He's about 5'4-5'5 and I'm 5'7-5'8. It's just weird looking down at him and being over to see over his head.

• It does seem a bit shallow but I kinda get what you mean. If that's the only factor not making him perfect You should really try your best.
      I wouldn't mention it to him either, no guy likes to be called short.

• Thanks! You're absolutely right. I'm gonna give him a chance, he deserves it and I honestly think he could make me really happy.

• Wear flats and get him cowboy boots.

• Sit down.

• I'm 5'9" and would date a girl 6 '0" tall + . So see things that way.

• Thank you! That helps a lot!

• You're Welcome :) xD

• I am 6'4, you could date me instead. Just kidding, your boobs are too small.

What Girls Said 2

• I haven't but I'm also shorter than average so most guys are taller than me. I am however dating someone younger than me, which was a tad uncomfortable until I realized, the reason I have a problem with it is because society tells us the girls should be younger and why should I let society's opinions ruin a relationship before it even began?
    As long as it doesn't bother him, I don't think you should be bothered by it. Yes society has made us want a guy who is taller than us, but there are so many other things that are more important. The question is, why does it bother you? Do you worry what random people might think when they see you together? Do you worry what your friends will think when they see you with him? Why are you bothered by his height?

• Wow I love your advice! Thanks so much! I think it just bothers me because of the way couples are presented in society. On television you see the boyfriends who are tall and buff. But television rarely shows that boyfriends can be and sometimes are shorter than the girlfriend. I just don't want people to see us as an odd couple (he's also white and I'm black). Aside from his height, he has everything I look for in a guy and I'm just so happy being around him

• I am 4' 11" I always worry any man I date will hate my height. Give him a chance! He might be the nicest man you will ever met. 😄

• That's how I'm feeling. He's great! He's so cute, he's a gentleman, he doesn't wanna play games and actually wants to be my boyfriend, and he literally has everything I look for in a guy. I'm gonna give him a chance 😊