What do guys think about girls that play on their sports team? If a girl on their team asked them out, would they think it's a date, or hanging out?

I feel like this one guy on my hockey team is somewhat interested in me, (I'm the goalie, and he's a defensemen) so a lot of the time I find him skating near the net and hanging around to talk to me. In person, he almost ALWAYS initiates any kind of interaction whether it's talking to me, hitting my leg pads after a save or slightly bumping into me while getting ready for a faceoff. Anytime we talk, he's almost always smiling a big smile and I can't help but smile too! I really feel like I'm starting to fall for him and so I finally got the courage to buy tickets to a REAL hockey game and asked him to go with me (IN PERSON!) and he said he would go. My question is, will he think that it's a date, or just hanging out? If a girl was on your sports team and asked you to go somewhere with you one on one, would you consider it a date? I like to think that he wouldn't agree to go if he wasn't interested at all but I could be wrong. Thanks!

11

What Guys Said 1

• I would see it as a possible date. essentially he will probably play things by ear. On the surface it looks like a date, he may even approach it with that mentality. However, he won't know for sure until you actually go on the date. During the event, look for flirting or even gentle touches here or there. What he will be looking for is a response from you. As in, do you like him back. It sounds like you do so just let things flow :) So long answer short, it is not a date yet. However it may very well turn into one. Have fun!

What Girls Said 1

• They would probably assume that it's a date.