Guys, how would you feel if a girl you just started dating asked you not to kiss her?

what would your reaction be if you really liked this girl, went on a few good dates, and want to make it offical. She tells you she had a bad relationship before and wants to hold off on anything physical until things get more serious. Would you respect this? Be annoyed? Just wondering because I've been seeing this guy and was previously taken advantage of in a previous relationship. I don't want to be physical with anything more than hugs until I'm ready. however I'm scared that he will think im not interested in him and will move on. Thoughts? Opinions? Thanks!

16

Most Helpful Guy

• It's see it as if she's testing me -- which is understandable if she's had bad experiences before. Remember to communicate these feelings over to him -- communication is important, in order to understand how another person feels.

Most Helpful Girl

• They would probably assume that she is not into them.

What Guys Said 5

• Not wanting to even kiss is too extreme or too cautious for me. I understand about not wanting to fool around and sex, but no kissing makes me think there may be some damaged goods there.

• I would be completely fine with that. And I would respect that the only thing is I would feel so sorry for her that she had to go through that.

• It depends a lot on the guy. My girlfriend is in a similar situation, but even worse (I won't elaborate), but what matters is how I handle it. I follow her lead. We move forward at her pace. Is it sometimes frustrating to me? Of course. Who wouldn't be frustrated at that? But is she worth it? Absolutely. And that's all that I need.

• how do ypu suggest I bring it up to him?

• You need to have a sit down, honest conversation with him and tell him what you went through. It isn't going to be easy and it isn't going to be fun, but at the end of it, you'll know clearly if he can accept it or not. Guys are rules based; we need to know the rules of the game to play, and if we don't, you get unpredictable behavior. So set down the rules and see if he plays by them.

• okay... I'm really nervous and hope he is the guy I think he is... I don't want to be crushed if he doesn't understand.. Thank You for your help. I will hopefully tell him the next time I see him.

• I would respect it. But I will admit that I'd like to know when I can kiss her. I can understand her previous experience. But if it's going to be a LONG time before I can kiss her, then I'm not sure I can handle that. Maybe I can, but I can't be for certain.

• How are things supposed to get more serious?

• emotionally, spiritually, mentally

• okay thanks for your advice... Stuck in between a rock and a hard place here

• Aww well I think it might be better if you meet a guy and be friends first that way when you and maybe him feel attraction you don't have to go through with this. You'll know him better when you start kissing. To me it just sounds like you want a friendship to eventually become a relationship but you're identifying that entire thing as a relationship.

I don't think there's anything wrong with what you want it's just a little difficult to make it a success.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!