If convos over text are boring, will it be the same in person?

We haven't met in person but we've been texting for a few months and its been pretty boring, doesn't get deep just very plain and basic like :"what's up?" "nm what about you"... stuff like that. we talk about other things like movies, music.. but it's not interesting. It feels kinda forced. Will it be the same if we ever meet in person?

63

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah I tend to find that they are just not into you. But honestly when girls/guys are like that it's annoying and I hate forcing a conversation. Like if you can't take the time to talk to me that shows how important I am to you.

• he does start conversations though. he basically starts a convo with me everyday, it's just not that fun, we talk about basic things with no depth and i don't know if its because we've never met or if we actually just have no chemistry

• It doesn't help that every person is looking on their phone when they are out in public seemingly avoiding human interaction

• @TarHeelBB believe me i've tried! I actually made a few attempts to ask him when we're gonna meet or if he wanted to join me for events but it never worked out.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not necessarily! Some people may just be bad at texting. I for one find it easier to talk to a guy in person or on Snapchat rather than texting. It just feels more personal and you get to see their reactions to things you have to say instead of relying on what they type on a screen.

What Guys Said 2

• Naw some people are just dry texters

• I think it depends. Did you start off communicating well and it become boring? If so, the time it takes some girls to finally meet up can dissuade the guy and cause his effort to wain because it seems pointless. Lack of effort always destroys communication. However, if the convo was boring from the get go, it usually means one of you are the flat tire slowing down and hibernating the real communication. It could be the personality of one, lack of chemistry, boredom elsewhere intruding, etc. But unless it becomes predominantly physical to bypass communication, that boredom usually stays.

• how do I get him to meet me in a normal setting like the movies or something? He always asks me to tag along with him to a party he's going to or some social event where it won't just be the 2 of us. I want to meet him without his friends at first and during the day but he usually tells me he's busy...

• Doesn't mean anything neg or poz, probably even an unnoticed habit. But if you aren't cool with it, communicate. Tell him what you told me. Like myself, A Proud Lion isn't afraid to take on the risk, he goes into it with no doubt he still has advantage. So if he's that, he will come to you, if not, he's Nala and you wanted Simba.

• that's actually so accurate! i kinda had a feeling thats what he was trying to do but i don't want our first time meeting to be with a bunch of his friends that I don't know. And honestly i don't even care where we meet, i just want a chance to know him in person so I can decide if we could potentially get somewhere or not. do u have any suggestions on how I could encourage him to meet me during the day just one on one?

What Girls Said 5

• No, to be honest, I am an introverted and shy person in my life outside the internet but I am a total opposite of it when I'm online. I don't know why but I can express myself very easily on the internet.

• There are some people I know that either can't hold convos over text, or are generally uninteresting over text, but are really fun people in person. He just might not be a texting kinda guy. But he might also be equally boring in person, fair warning haha. Good luck!

• people tend to more aggressive and naughty on internet than face to face. sounds like both of you are nice, introverted people. unless you knotch up your swag with him it will probably a very boring experience for both of you.

• Usually what happens in real is so different from Texting.
    You should actually meet in real before you guys stop texting completely...

• sometimes texting is boring BECAUSE you haven't met yet.