Should I give this guy a chance?

Went on a date with a guy earlier this week. Nice evening, kissed at the end. He asked if I wanted to see him again, and I said yes.

The only issue is that he lives an hour from me, and he wants to meet up somewhere so he doesn't have to drive and can relax and have a drink.

I suggested meeting in a town half way (i've got relatives there so I can stop over) on a weekend, which he seemed okay with. He mentioned that he could taxi there and back if it's not too expensive, and it'll only take him 20 minutes by car. I don't drive, and the commute halfway on public transport will take just under 2 hours.

I don't mind doing it though because I've got somewhere to stay.

He asked me when would be good for me, but I've kept it up in the air at the moment. He also works weekends but not in the evenings. I think he's nice but there seems to be a lot of hassle surrounded by the importance of alcohol. Surely he can enjoy himself without it? And should I text him first and suggest this weekend or should I wait for him to reach out once more?

Also, side note - it's hard for me to commute to his town for just a day... it's in the middle of nowhere and bus times are non existent. No train either.

21

What Guys Said 1

• Sounds like you've talked yourself out of it.
    Maybe tell him you'd prefer not to have to commute until you know each other better, so the second date has to be nearer to you?
    See how you feel after a second meeting and take it from there

What Girls Said 2

• I am not sure. I mean, it's the beginning of dating and it shouldn't be that much of a deal. Personally speaking, I wouldn't continue it because it's seems more of a hassle than it's worth. But you're different, which means that if you feel like giving it a chance, you should do so.

• Then cut it off before it gets any further. Or give him the chance to prove it's not one sided every time and he will also make sacrifices at times like you would be this time.

Depends why your willing to take a chance on someone so far away? Do you really connect? Are there not many other options near you etc?