What is your definition of "friends with benefits" and what circumstances would lead you to choose that over an official relationship?

Updates:
Does it HAVE to involve sex? Does it involve romantic feelings or it it just physical?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• A friend who you have sex with, but with no romantic entanglement.
    Someone might choose this if they want to have sex but not all the commitment which comes with a relationship.
    People may think that it's safer to have sex with a friend they trust, rather than a stranger.
    Often leads to issues with one of the parties getting feelings for the other!

1|0
    0|0
    • I think it has to involve sex or sexual contact... That's the benefits part.
      The notion is that a relationship comes with too many issues for some, so that is essentially stripped out. You have a friend who you bang basically... Romantic elements probably not too many of them. You wouldn't date a friends with benefits.

Most Helpful Girl

• Two people who hangout, have sex, cuddle, hold hands, and kiss. It's like an actual relationship but without the commitment and feelings. But one of you is bound to get feelings eventually unless it's just a booty call.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• the first time i heared this word. i thought it simply means using each other just for mean reason. later i come to know that it's not just limit to that.
    . but it involve Sex
    i never had a friend with benefits and i never want one.
    if you need sex more than relationships then go for it.
    but later in life when you will be serious and. you partner do these thing maybe then you will understand that this hurt the feeling of your boyfriend or girlfriend. or if your partner do not have problem with it.
    then who is stopping you. go for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • my definition would be someone who does not treat you like an invisible person when others are around just so they can keep there good standing with there friends they hang out with. and i know it sounds like a clingy thing but i mean how hard is it to give a little bit of respect and acknowledgement since your both in it together and not just for the sake of one you guys?

0|0
    0|0
  • With benefits its just friends, isn't it. Why do you want to define Friends without benefits?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I usually think of friends with benefits as two people that have sex but are not committed to each other. Usually because they have other friends with benefits as well.

0|0
    0|0