My boyfriend started harming himself?

My boyfriend started cutting himself. I honestly don't know what to do. I used to cut myself too, so I feel like I may have caused the idea to come into his head. What can I do to help him stop?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• He's not harming himself. He's got no money and is selling blood to vampires. That's my happy way of saying it...

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to tell his parents. If you love him you need to do this. I wish my boyfriend had of told my parents. He may "hate" you for it. But I'd rather the person I love hate me than be hurting themselves

What Guys Said 2

• You need to figure out the reason why he does it first.

• His mom is a ginormous bitch, she left him last night. And now his dad who lives in a different town, had to move into their house to take care of him.

• That is very harsh. What you can do is try to comfort him, tell him that hurting himself, hurts you too. I didn't cut myself, but I used to burn myself. I know that it can get addicting. You need to help him find a way to channel all that overwhelming emotions. Like going out for long walks or jogs, biking or maybe some other hobby you two share. However it is going to be very tough at first, hang in there.

• You can't, call a help line and tell his parents or a teacher

What Girls Said 1

• be there for him and support him. if its getting worse then get him to see a therapist