Meeting my girlfriends horse... and consequently family for the first time. What to do?

So me and my girlfriend just started dating after several months of talking and parents know about me and she wants me to go to her barn and meet her horses and consequently her parents and sister. I'm her first boyfriend and she's my second girlfriend so we are relatively both new in this area. We're both in our mid 20s and I'm super excited to meet them and nervous. With me being her first boyfriend do I make sure I have a good first impression with her parents also is there anything I should do about the horse situation and so I have a first good impression with the horses... I know this sounds stupid but advice would be appreciated

31

Most Helpful Girl

• You are more worried about the impression you give on the horse, but not her actual human family‚Ķ?
    Saying "consequently, her family" makes me think you care about this horse more lmfaooo

• No I don't lol. I really care about her family it's just her initial the invitation was solely to meet her horse and then later down the line she mentioned I'd meet them. But I can see where my wording can give that impression my bad.

Most Helpful Guy

• You can bring a bottle of wine or something for her parents. Call her parents sir and ma'am Parents love that crap. Most importantly, be relaxed and don't feel intimidated especially by her father.

What Girls Said 2

• Horses love being rubbed on their forehead. Also bring peppermints; it's like candy to them (and always feed on a flat palm).

• Bring carrots.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!