Is there such a thing as "love at first sight"?

My friend and I are having a debate about this and wanted to get an outside opinion.
  • Yes
  • No
  • Other (please explain below)
    Vote C

1527

Most Helpful Guy

• I said this on the last LOVE AT FIRST SITE QUESTION... You can walk up to some people and feel an instant connection... little sweaty palms... maybe you start to stutter... maybe you ask yourself why is this happening to me? This doesn't happen when I walk up to everyone. I believe mother nature pairs us randomly. Mother Nature doesn't check to see if we are compatible it just wants to procreate the species. So is it "love" at first sight or the evil doings of mother nature? My uncle told me a long time ago.. you can't help who you fall in love with... you just do. Could this be why the divorce rate is so high? We hear people all the time say it was a whirlwind romance and we got married after just 2 weeks. 3 months later they are divorced because both got snagged in mother nature's web and didn't stop to see if they had anything in common like values, standards, etc. Good question !

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally I can't fall in love at first sight. That's just too superficial. I need to know a guys qualities and flaws, I need to know him on a deeper level before I fall in love. That only happens over time

His appearance initially attracts me, but it's his personality that I fall in love with. So his personality determines if the relationship develops or not

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE