Girls, what does it mean when a girl says "I am not trying to date or anything right now"?

We hung out a couple times before and we have been texting on and off a little bit. She laughs a lot to things I say and she agreed to come and meet all my friends at a small house party. She seemed flirty over text with how she expressed her laughter, lots of emojis, and spelling things funny to look cute. Then I asked her to go to grab drinks and watch a movie at my place. She said she had plans and asked about doing it another time. I asked if the next day would work and she said she wasn't trying to date or anything right now so she didn't want me to get the wrong idea. What does she actually mean by this?

3

What Girls Said 3

• It's means she's not ready for a relationship or anything serious.

• Do you think that she is attracted to me though? I don't want to make her uncomfortable at all and she is very specific about when she is free even after we had that little awkward discussion. I just don't want to be friend zoned.

• Ok so I guess I will just try to be like it was before and not really think too much about things. How can I seem not needy when I initiate contact so that she stays interested?

• Just keep doing what you were doing before. If she's agreeing to hang out then you're doing something right. Just don't get too involved, she said she doesn't want anything serious so don't take it too seriously.

• She's not ready for dating or a relationship.

• Ok, do you think that she is not interested entirely then and I should just move on or do you think it's just a timing thing? I really don't want to ask to make things awkward.

• She likes you but isn't interested in a relationship currently and maybe wants to get to know you a bit more before considering going out with you

• Ok, I don't want to get friendzoned or seem needy so how can I try to hang with her without being weird about the situation?

• Yeah that is a good point. She told me when she was free and then I told her to let me know if she wants to hang or something. She said sure but up to this point I have had to initiate all of the contact. How can I seem not needy even though I want to text her first?

• Okay that's a good sign because it means she enjoys your company. Just see what happens and if things keep getting better, maybe after a while ask her out again. It all depends on her reason - because if it was because she didn't want a relationship, after a while she may reconsider. If it's because she doesn't like you in that way, she'll probably say no and tell you it's because you're her friend and she doesn't see you in that way. It does all depend though, but just see what happens. You never know what the future may bring...