Do I attend my girlfriends father's funeral?

We have been together for almost a month

• Attend
  • Don't attend

59

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I think you should. Personally I would If I'd been seeing a guy for just a month. It shows you're empathetic and it's a sign of respectful.

You'd appear cold hearted if you didn't go. Plus, your presence will be very important to your girlfriend , who'll be grieving right now. She'll need that comfort and support from you

When my father died I valued everyone's presence , even those who he hadn't seen in a long time, who I didn't really know. People's presence is sometimes more valuable than comforting words , because you don't always remember what someone said to you, but you never forget how they made you feel.

It's so painful losing someone you love , that's why it's important to reach out to people who are grieving. It's an indescribable feeling

Most Helpful Guy

• I would at least ask her if she would like you to take her. Being a month in, I am sure there are lots of her family that have not met you yet. This is can lead to awkwardness for her due to the sensitivity of the situation along with making it uncomfortable for you to meet her family under those circumstances. Some people really believe it is something for family only and since you have only dated a month you are still considered an outsider. Like I said, I would offer to take her, but I would not be offended if she declined.

What Girls Said 4

• Sorry about her dad, that's a tough call. I hope both her and family get through everything together ok.

Yes, if she has asked you to attend.
    If she hasn't, ask her what she would like you to do.

• of course... this should not be a question.. it is not some long lost relative.. it is her father!!

• Yes, you should.

• Attend the funeral.

What Guys Said 8

• Ask your girlfriend. At least offer to be there to lend support. But she could be thinking that the extended family will be too distraught to want to meet you at this stressful time.

• There's no reason not to. You can give her support and she will like tghat you did.

• if she asks for you to, then yes

• Don't attend. I wouldn't

• um attend

• Um, why not? She needs someone at a time like this, cmon now

• if she asks yeah

• Just go to it I'm one of the mental toughest people you will ever meet and I cried at my dad's funeral so I would think she would definitely need a sholder to cry on