My girlfriend defends her guy friend more than me?

My girlfriend defends her guy friend more than me? (well I've been with my girlfriend for 5 years and they been friends for 1 year ) we started arguing cause of this dude saying "I love you" to her and telling her "Ican treat you way better then he does" to her to leave me and crap and then i confronted him but then she starts to defend him on every little thing. Then he said he could make her break up with me if he wanted to and to be with him and i showed her the text she had no response then i don't know if i took it to far but i know i had finally had enough of that bs so i told her it's either me or him. friend or boyfriend and she stood speechless and said " he's my friend and it's f**ked up if she doesn't talk to anymore plus he tells her everything supposedly but i literally don't know what to do. is it me? am i over exaggerating or do i have every reason to and what should i do? 4 answers ยท Singles & Dating

12

What Girls Said 1

• she might end up dating him If you leave. im ashamed to say this but thats what i ended up doing

What Guys Said 2

• Opposite sex friends strike again. Also, another case to prove girls and guys cannot be friends because, once again, he wants to date her now.

Anyway, I would try to be the best boyfriend I could be. If you start fighting over this, you will simply drive her into his arms. You need to romance her, sweep her off her feet. Reestablish yourself with her as her man. Make her forget him and focus on you. This is part of damage control. Once you smooth that over, keep all those texts and try to persuade her to stay away from him and cut contact. You need to explain to her that he is not interested in a friendship, but he wants sex and that is why she is getting played by him. Tell her he is a complete douche because he is not respecting your relationship. He is also a loser because he cannot find a single girl and needs to hit on one that isn't available. Ultimately, you can only do so much. You cannot force her to like you. You cannot force her to not see or talk to him. (I would personally forbid it!) I do not believe in forcing relationships to work either. I don't chase after people. So if you do your best and she still thinks this other guy is a "good friend" and she continues the friendship regardless of what you say, then maybe you need to rethink if she is a good person for you or not!

• he is her boyfriend not you