He won't really flirt back anymore? Am I being friendzoned? What can I do?

I've met this guy halfway through January and we've been on two dates. We agreed no relationship yet, we would see how it goes. We have slept together and he used to love getting snaps off me. (He thought my thigh tattoo was really hot apparently) haha! But lately he hasn't really been responding back to my flirty messages in a flirty way too and I've stopped sending snaps because he doesn't send any back or comment on them. I don't really know if he's trying to be respectful or is just really bad at text flirting. At the start, he was really into the odd suggestive message but now, nothing. Has the initial excitement just worn off or what can I do to get some sort of response out of him? He does always reply but seems to shy away from the flirts so I dunno what to think?

37

Most Helpful Guy

• It's gotten old and hasn't gone anywhere. It's still fun for you but now boring for him. It would kind of be like watching the same tv show over and over again. You might still like it, but you'd like something new/different now and again. My guess anyway, you'd have to ask him to know what's going on for sure.

• I know that asking him is probably the best thing to do. He is texting me everyday as usual, just not as often. The conversation is the same and we talk about plans for next time he is down. Maybe I'm placing too much emphasis on the no flirting.

Most Helpful Girl

• I hate to break it to you, but I think he used you. He didn't want a relationship yet you guys slept together and sent risque snaps to each other and now all of a sudden he stops. I think the reason he's just being friendly and avoids flirting is because he feels bad and doesn't want to be a dick and completely ignore you. I say you should stop worrying about this guy and move on. Don't waste your time.

• He said he is still interested in coming down and says he wants to see more of me but he has to see what his wages are like this week. We live about an hour apart and it costs him near £50 to travel to me. He told me if he didn't like me, he just wouldn't text me back.

• What she said.

Regardless of him telling you that I would still fall back and see if he comes after you. And if not you move on x

• @Pearl85 I only reply to him when he sends me a message. I don't actually initiate as such. I will take your advice. X

What Guys Said 6

• It might be the way you framed this whole question, but it kind of sounds like you got picked up and dropped off.

• He's still texting me everyday though and said about coming down again but he's really broke at the minute after being off sick. Should I just ask him directly if he has any intention of coming down again?

• "He texted, he said, he texted, he said." Ask yourself, 'what is he doing?'

• You've made your mistake by giving it up too quick, he obviously got what he wanted, you both agreed no relation or anything serious, yet you slept with him within the first 2 dates? Do you understand what he may think of you now? Don't get me wrong, as a rule I've always tried (rather successfully) sleeping in the first date. But I've not always got back in touch with them.

Just my two cents on it. Cheers

• He is in touch with me. Every day! My last relationship was long term and we slept together on the first date. So it really does depend on the guy.

• Maybe he meant it, and wants to know you better as a person, sex is wonderful but remember it could also just be lust, with no real emotions behind it. Not all men think alike. Even though I always like to joke and say

"There's always two things in a man's mind and these things are getting laid, and getting laid later"

But of course that's stereotyping.

• He did say that he loves how well we get on and he does want to know me better. Only time will tell I suppose!

Haha! I've never actually heard that before but I'd say for a large part, it's very true!

• You agreed to no relationship. You have been given what you said that you wanted.

• I know, a casual dating situation. Just need to get used to that

• Sounds like you've become a backup chick in case his new no.1 doesn't eventuate to much.

• He just said he doesn't want a relationship at the minute and neither do I. we agreed we would see how it goes

• Ok so maybe he was distracted or maybe now the other girl left so he's coming back to you. If you like him that's cool, just don't go to full on with the excitement levels with him. You've only been with him a few times and you agreed not to be too serious so being overeager could make him think you want a relationship.

• Excellent advice! That's why I haven't questioned it or anything just in case he thinks I'm wanting more. I thought I'd be ok with the casual thing but now I'm not so sure cos it leaves me no knowing from one minute to the next

• You said the key phrase earlier "we have slept together". Most girls personalities aren't very interesting so there's nothing left to discover at this point. In the words of Jay-Z "on to the next one".

• You probably are in the after-fuck stage, where they wonder when the girl will get the drift and stop contacting them.

• I did wonder that but he said he wants to keep seeing me and dating me. He is paying off a holiday and working a ton of overtime at the minute. He told me he really likes me and if h didn't, he just wouldn't reply at all

What Girls Said 2

• Sorry to say but I think he used you only for sex 😔

• I thought that too but he Is still texting me everyday and talking about next time he's down so I dunno

• Yeah you are