Is it normal to cry over your significant other because you miss them?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 16

• I don't see it as the healthiest sign. It's because I don't think you're really crying because you miss your SO. I could be wrong here but I think if you're crying in their absence, especially if it's brief and temporary, I believe there are deeper pockets of emotions and thoughts triggering the crying behavior.

There could be stress, a lack of healthy independence, anxieties, fears, insecurities, etc. I don't know but I just think if you're crying over an SO's absence, and especially if it's only a brief and temporary one, it's a sign of some deeper emotional baggage that you might want to look into correcting.

• Of course it's more understandable if the absence is prolonged or even permanent (ex: after a break-up).

• There might be some deeper feelings there that aren't so obvious. If it was always totally obvious why we feel the way we do, then therapists would largely be irrelevant and unnecessary.

In my case when I'm on those overseas business trips, I miss my wife terribly already by the time I'm on the airplane. I feel an emptiness like my better half is missing.

But I don't get the urge to cry about it or even feel so sad since I'm filled with this warm feeling and optimism, knowing she'll be waiting for me at the airport when I come back. Instead I end up looking so forward to seeing her again and it fills me with joy and excitement.

• Okay that's awesome

• Completely absolutey ofcourse normal :)

• Yeah, totally normal. Try talking or texting regularly so you can get through it easier.
    Though I have to say it depends, I mean, if you haven't seen them in 2 hours and you're crying because you miss them, then no, that's not normal.

• Haha yeah 2hours is just crazy

• yes it's normal. most of the time.
    but is the time of separation is less. then you having a phobia called thatophobia.
    in this phobia. a person feel like he or she will lose the person he or she love.
    it also lead to depression.

• No mean a couple weeks without seeing them

• Too busy

• oh.. this is the reason you. miss them.
      í understand. it's okay.
      just divert your mind on other things.
      stop thinking 24 hours about them. i know you love him and all but. give time to yourself. 😊

• Yeah. They are our loved ones!

• Shedding tears are absolutely normal in love.

• Yes it absolutely is. Love does that to you. 😊

• I wouldn't say it's "normal", but I wouldn't say there is anything wrong with it either.

not normal =/= bad

• yes, very normal

• Maybe its normal for emotionally unhinged, needy, or overly dependent people.

• No I just miss him. Can deal without him though

• No just for them leaving for groceries or like they took a road trip. But it would be okay if they went to a business trip for several months before they would come back or if they went to war or something or if they died.

• It's not a question of is it normal but rather a question of is it okay. And yes it is perfectly fine.

• It's only normal if you have a vagina.

• So guys don't cry is what your saying

• Yes, it's normal.

• The world is backwards so when the vast majority of people here tell you something is normal, it means that it definitely isn't.

What Girls Said 5

• It's ok to cry anytime you feel emotional. Missing someone can be a very emotional time. It's your way of expressing how much that person means to you. :)

• Sounds like you're very emotionally insecure. If you're just crying because you're not with this person all the time... yikes. No it's not normal. You need to be a strong person on your own.

• No not all the time. You miss them by not seeing them in awhile

• If it was a few months yeah but otherwise no

• I never have but that's probably because I don't cry much.

• I guess so.

• I used to but I'm so used to it now

• Used to what?

• No, not sarcastic. It's just sometimes when he's home he's just tired and even then we don't really talk then but I see what you're saying.

• I'm sorry I just thought you were being sarcastic.
      I don't know I think it is probably better to at least be able to see him and be able tokiss him then not see him at all