How much do looks matter to you?

When you are looking to date someone how much do looks matter? Do other aspects of an individual matter more to you?

Most Helpful Guy

• well the physical appearance of the person you might be interested in is the first form of attraction because you look at them with your eyes superficially before you get to know them as a person, therefore id say its pretty dam important

What Guys Said 22

• Obviously personality is far more important than looks. After all looks change over the years and subtle changes could make all the difference in the world. My fiancee 44 years old is hotter than any other time in her life. Even though she was still a knockout in my eyes.

However using my mindset of personality first preference. I dated others in the past that weren't much for looks. Not hideous just some features that I could have and tried to overlook. That actually made me look deeper into their mannerisms and how they cared for themselves. I noticed those as not as attractive so then I was left with adding the looks to the equation. That did draw me further from them unfortunately.

So being as blessed as I am now with my love. I do not believe anything no matter what could pull me away. I do mean anything. Love is stronger than preferences.

• For me all that matters is that I find her sexually attractive at some point. Once I got that going, whether she's a keeper or not rests entirely on deeper qualities.

That said, even developing a sexual/physical attraction encompasses more than the physical shape of her body and face. It encompasses the way she carries herself, smiles, laughs, talks, how humorous she is, demeanor, charisma, etc.

It's somewhat outward and still a bit shallow but still a lot deeper than just the shape of her body. I also tend to grow the strongest physical/sexual attractions not on first impressions, but after seeing the girl regularly multiple times. It's still "shallow" because our interactions are limited and based largely on small talk typically at that point, but still far deeper than the shape or her face and body.

• [...] but still far deeper than the shape or [/of] her face and body.

The shape of her face/body is included there, but not limited to the package of "outward qualities" that attract me to her sexually.

• at first glance. look really matter.
    but if í come to know them and if í find they are good then who the hell care about looks ( personal opinion ).

• Looks matter, but what's on the inside can strongly affect what's o the outside. Half of looks is confidence.

• Looks are of importance to me because you don't choose some one because you know they like Harry Potter you usually choose them because you think they have a cute face honestly that's usually why I approach people. I'm extremely talkative so to keep me in a relationship you have to have a good personality, talkative, kind, energetic something at least. So I'd say looks are most important when I do not know a person. I don't have a hair color, height, eye color preference, hope this helps.

• Attraction is what counts. Sometimes funky looking people can be attractive to you. But attraction is usually more important than personality, up to a certain point that is

• From 1 to 10, a 7. They're very important, but there's other more important things.

• well, I obviously need to be attracted to her. she doesn't need to be a model but without physical attraction, it won't work out in the long run

• Out of 100%. Personality 80% Looks 20%.

• On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd say a 10. Looks are pretty damn important. That said, if her personality doesn't mesh with mine and there's no chemistry, then her attractiveness goes down and she gets relegated to just some broad that I wanna fuck a couple times a week.

• it matters a lot 50 50

• Looks come into play... but personality and compatibility mean so much more.

• as long as I find her attractive then I don't really care too much

• In a woman. Both Physical and emotional attractiveness matter to me.

• i think for guys its more important than girls or else the motor doesn't run. for me i need both, but looks are very important. i need someone hot on the outside and inside

• A lot, I can't be in a relationship if I don't find her good looking. I don't care if people say I'm shallow, cause I know I'm not shallow, I just have my own preferences.

• they both matter a lot to me

• Looks matter a lot as long it looks good to me to At least draw me in. But her personality and character matter most.

• looks first. then personality right on the first date yo

• That depends on who your asking.

• Looks aren't everything but they are important. I need to be attracted to you. Doesn't mean you have to be a model, just that I find you attractive. Personality can also affect how attractive you are.

• As long as you dont look like frankenstein idgaf, we all gonna be old and wrinkly some day

What Girls Said 5

• I want to find my partner physically attractive but I don't care whether he's the hottest person in the room or not.

• He doesn't have to be a hottie, but there has to be something about him that I'm attracted to eyes, smile. Definitely needs to have a great personality.

• I chose a good personality over looks but if he's cute, that's a bonus. 😍

• I think a person's personality is the most beautiful or ugly thing ever. It really exposes who they truly are.

• Looks matter. Won't date someone I'm not attracted to.