Why do some men like it when their girlfriend doesn't have friends?

Why some men like when their girlfriend doesn't have friends?

715

Most Helpful Guy

• Because us men dont like them going out with their friends taking them to bars that have bands and they meet the member of the bands and the people at the bar It's too much temptations. What about if we have a big fight the girl goes out with a friend she introduces her to somebody else. Temptation like that is evil and a problem

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd be so wary of this... a lot of domestic abuse victims have been talked away from their friends and family, and cut them out of their life so they can't see and comment on what's going on

• First comment I've seen on this thread making sense!

• @MarriedMale43 or the insecure male who is convinced everyone is out to ruin them when really they can just see that he's a crappy partner. Some of the comments on this thread are just astounding, I'd hate it if my husband and I didn't have friends outside of each other

• @MarriedMale43 yes! Thank you. It's controlling manipulative behaviour.

What Guys Said 14

• Might be a cultural thing but I'm not that way. I love it when my girlfriend has lots of friends because I can then meet her friends, have her meet my friends, have her friends meet my friends, and we can all merge these two groups of friends into one giant group of friends.

• I'm kind of an odd person though. I'm a "friend organizer". I like to take everyone's friends and merge them into one giant group and then organize events. I've formed armies of friends so large as a result that I was able to rent out a massive night club for the entire night with us splitting the bill. With the number of people we had there, it was only around $25 US per person even though we had the entire place to ourselves.

So if the girl has tons of friends to contribute to my army, I'm happy.

• Guys can be pretty overprotective at times. And most of the time, it's protecting the girl from someone else. It's not that we're worried that the girl will cheat, it's that the guy friends will attempt to manipulate the girl with alcohol, drugs, etc. If you mean female friends, then I could follow with one of the prior comments concerning ideals. Advice from an outside source could be pivotal in decisions made by either party.

• í would like to date girls like that.
    becuase the opinion come from them are only there's. they will be more interested in me. and there are many more good things.

• Because their Friends are mostly bad influence, they're selfish and don't seriously care about the girls' relationship, and some even try to destroy that relationship low key. No friends or at least certain type of friends is always a +

Obviously they have to have friends, and is always a good idea to scan through her closest friends and determine who are the trouble makers and be straight forward with it telling them which friends you don't like. Same exact thing happens the other way around.

• Whatever "men" don't like their girls to have friends are morons. I mean seriously! If they didn't have friends, they'd be bugging to hang out with you all the time. Do you REALLY want that? I love my time with my girl (if I ever had one), but I need my own time, too - whether it's completely by myself or with my buddies.

• Only the most insecure of guys like it this way. But it's essentially all about having full control over her.

• That is crazy to me.. I would want my girlfriend to have friends because it is healthy to have friends.

• Because they interfere.

• Because girls tend to ask her friends for opinion since they don't have a brain to judge something, so when her friend tell her to jump off a bridge, she would probably do it.

• Because friends can make our girl confused telling her bullshits

• Cause friends can tell her what to think or she can end up cheating if she has guy friends.

• No drama

• I can't speak for other males. Most men aren't like me. But back to the question - I like it. It's rare but I definitely like it. It's the ultimate sign of girl material. This is probably only true sign that she could possibly be girl material.

• Because they are afraid the girl will end up cheating. Lets face it, there's so many strangers guys constantly throwing them selfs at girls. No friends, very low risk. But honestly, why even bother with the relationship, if it has to go this far.

What Girls Said 6

• They're insecure dirtbags who are probably emotionally abusive. Everyone should have friends and their own time to hang out with said friends. Not having friends is pretty unhealthy.

• Same goes for women who don't want their guy to have friends!!

• Maybe because they have their girlfriend for their own

• Possessiveness, jealousy, attention seeking.

• My ex didn't let me have much friends because he was a controlling dick. I don't meet up much with them anymore because I'm trying to be healthy and we usually go to eat.

• because they are most likely jealous and controlling...

• My boyfriend says it's because some girls are bad influences. If the girlfriend hangs out with a bunch of hoes, she'll probably be a hoe over time.