Not interested or waiting for me to chase?

I met a guy I really liked online 6 weeks ago. We had a great first date. There seemed to be chemistry but he was quite insistent that if I wanted to see him again, I should set up a second date (which I thought was a bit strange... a bit insecure). I asked him on a second date and he suggested that we meet at his house for dinner. I wasn't really comfortable with this so asked if we could get to know each other a bit outside his house. He seemed fine with that. Then, the day of the date he asked to postpone until the end of the week. I said that would be ok and to let me know when worked. He didn't respond. 2-3 weeks later, completely out of the blue, he messaged me to ask how I was and how my weekend went! I answered that I was good and that my weekend had been fun. He sent an emoji in response and then disappeared again. It has now been 2 weeks. I shoud've confronted him about the ghosting when he contacted me again but obviously didn't! Now, I think it's too late. A couple of days later, I sent him a message about something related to his work I'd seen in the news. Again, he replied but no offer of a date. I don't get it! It's one thing to ghost (I would've assumed he wasn't that into me) but why return weeks later to send a "friendly" message? I was really attracted to him otherwise I'd just brush it off. Should I ask him out? or is he clearly not interested? Will he return again?

12

What Guys Said 2

• He seems to have convenient interest in you. When it suits him he'll message you with interest but nothing more. I think the fact he wanted you at his home for the second date is a sign of what his intentions really are with you.

• He lost interest sadly. Just move on. Who cares anyway he's the one who's missing out. You're better of without that guy.

What Girls Said 1

• You should ask him out. It's worth a shot.