How to breakup with someone you love? I'm not sure if I should breakup with my boyfriend or not?

I love him he was my best friend for a long time and then we started going out.. at the start we always had loads to talk about but now I feel like we don't have things to talk about and that it is quiet between us and I don't know what to do about it? I'm really upset that that has happened I hate myself so much for not being able to be compatible with the one boy I love. I don't think I can continue being with a guy that I can't have long conversations with and be able to feel like it's never a struggle to talk but I love this guy so much. I'm rrally caught. Also, I mostly hangout with him in school and I spend full days with him on weekends and my life would really be empty.. he is really my only friend and I suck at making new ones.. I also love his parents and sisters and brothers.. I really want to be compatible more with him I don't know what to do now I'm heartbroken he's an amazing guy :/

89

Most Helpful Guy

• Hold up here. Love doesn't quit on someone. This is the exact type of breakup that would have you asking questions on here as "why you made such a foolish decision?" or "How do I get him back?" or "why is mad at me for breaking up with him?"
    SLOOooooowwww down. You are going to need to sit him down TV off Music OFF phones down...
    Tell him that you want things back to the way they were. Ask him point blank why don't we communicate. tell him you love him. however these are issues I need from you.
    Find away to work this out before making a rash decision that will break your heart even more.
    Communication is the key to success. you may find there are things he also desires from you. Silence is a keeper of ill feelings , so be prepared.
    I have had feelings like this with other SO's in the past and a simple airing the ways sharing what's on our minds resolved a lot of conflict and or bad breaks.

You may find that he will be more attentive and it could possible be he is fearful of showing himself to you emotionally. if you allow him to be himself he may be freer to open up more.
    you would be giving up a lot if you just dump him.
    Relationships are hard to maintain without communication. you are both young and growing and learning how to be in a long term relationship.
    Do a Pro's and con's list and see where he falls into place for your future.
    good luck.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't end it until you are over 100% sure . You feel indecive just now, so don't make a hasty decision just yet

Communication is the only way to salvage a relationship. So talk to him, tell him how you feel. Explain it like you have here. It sounds reasonable. He may surprise you by being very talkative , and he may just have a lot to say.

Make your decision after you've talked to him. It's possible it still could work out , that's if you want it to :)

What Guys Said 8

• This is not your fault. There are two people not talking. This relationship is not going to work for you in the long run. That's just life. I have dated some really lovely women, women I admired quite a lot, but we were not going to compatible for the long run. It's perfectly normal to be in love with people and also realize that you cannot have a long-term partnership with them.

• ... A women who breaks up with something she loves.
    damn women sadden me. hahaha.

Consider thinking about compromising and there is also talking about the problem.

You also have to realize that this is not his fault only and it's not his job to impress you forever. If you go with someone else the same thing is going to happen.

• why you want to breakup...

• If you love him then you should stick with him. The problems you are having with him, the conversations and stuff. Just make sure you keep every problem you have with your relationship with him clear to both of you. Conversation and clarity is key. If all else fails and you cannot see a future with him then you should call it quits, but not until your love for him depletes.

• that is probably your problem right there. you guys ran out of things to talk about that doesn't mean you should break up with him. if people broke up with there loves cause of this then a lot of people would be single. you need to find some more friends and spend some time away from you boyfriend and then you can talk abot things that you and your other friends done.

• If you can't be happy together in silence maybe you aren't as compatible as you thought.

That said, if you love him why would you break up?

• You may love him, but are you in love with him? They're two completely different feelings, if you think things have gone sour chances are he is feeling the same way and just doesn't know how to approach you. Talk to him, communication is key to a healthy relationship. Sometimes you'll get with a friend thinking is going to work because you know each other well, but this is not always true.

• nope

What Girls Said 7

• You obviously don't love him so why are you kidding yourself? You don't want to be with him anymore but you're so used to the routine you're scared to finish it. Get it done and stop wasting both your time.

• Maybe you two spend like too much time together?

• Try including yourself in things that he enjoys his hobbies his likes even his dislikes as that's something to talk about to.

If you don't try and walk away just because of this then that's silly. Also try including him in things you like.

• talk and communicate. go and do new exciting things together. do whatever you can to improve your relationship

• You should trust your instincts. If you aren't sure if you should break up chances at breaking up is actually the best option.

• Don't break up with him, spend a little more time away from him. You spend too much time with him. Don't break up with someone you love because you have nothing to talk about.

• Just try to solve your problems if you still love him.