I turned down a kiss. What to do?

I went on a date with a guy I met on Match. The date went well, he tried to kiss me twice before the date was over. I denied him because I really want to take things slow. Now he hasn't called. Has he not called because that was a sign he only wanted something physical? Or did I crush his ego and I just need to call to let him know I am interested? Or any other thoughts would be helpful. Thanks!

43

Most Helpful Guy

• I would be furious. You are supposed to use online to get to know him. A kiss is minimum on first date. I am surpised people actually use online dating services. People pay when there are thousands of free sites. I just do not see the point.

Most Helpful Girl

• he might have thought u didn't like him , if you're gonna do that , tell him after he tries to kiss u that u wanna to take things low

What Guys Said 2

• He wanted a kiss, not get into your pants. How slow do you want to take things?

• He only wanted to have sex. If you really like him, don't bring it up (this situation), just ask to see him another time. Also, if you want to take it slow, just take it slow.

What Girls Said 3

• Either he was only looking to get physical, is used to being kissed on the first date, or he is really busy. That is entirely on him and not up to you to figure out. If he is ignoring you then it's possible that he already moved on. Don't worry. It's not your fault and never believed that it was. Matter of fact, you don't owe him a call. A message to let him know that you meant nothing by it but want to be slow is fine. If he refuses to contact you back at a reasonable time, then cut him loose.

• If he cared about you hed call you you did a good thing

• Taking things slow is the best, I wouldn't get to hung up over it. There's plenty more fish in the sea! :) It's obviously not meant to be if it ended up like that.