Would a guy ever not pursue things with a female because she wasn't convenient?

As, for example, let's say there's a guy and a woman. Their schedules do not work. They both are busy people. He works every day, but weekends he works double shifts (he has no free time on weekends) at all, whereas she can't see him on weekdays, because she is at college without a car (only she has a car). but her weekends are open. They live a half hour apart.

If they don't know each other that well, met once or twice, and he likes her, is it still possible he may not pursue something because of these conflicts? Because she's inconvenient?

• Yes, very possible
  • No, not likely

11

What Guys Said 1

• it's possible but if he feels strongly enough about her he will make it work

What Girls Said 1

• Sadly yes, there's two sides to the coin. There's people that will end or enter a relationship out of convenience, appearance, desire for sex/simple companionship, etc and those people tend to have a generally more hard edged but realistic view. And this is really 8/10 the proper way to go about relationships because the whole idea of sacrificing ones practical livelihood for a relationship is just shit we were fed in romance novels and chick flicks, but there's people like me that at any given moment will fall head over heels with someone and would across seas to be with them or lift cars but sadly 10/10 times for me I've ended up with the non hopeless romantic types. As a woman when the feeling isn't reciprocated it truly can be devastating, I still maintain my capability to at random be victim to love at first sight but through experience I've learned to not go full throddle, slow down, and see where it goes. I don't know if this is just a hypothetical but if this is a real situation and this person does break up with you, there's other people out there.

• Thanks for answering! It isn't so hypothetical.. but he and I aren't together together, we are just getting to know each other, and I sense that there is reluctance and he has said a few times he wishes I lived there, etc. So, I think he is keeping me at a distance until things change, because they will in a few months but I don't know.