What's your opinion on dating the "differently abled"?

I've never seen anyone on Tinder or other dating apps with a disability, but I was wondering, what kind of disabilities wouldn't phase you at all (are there any you might even prefer? [if you say mute, you're an arse])
But mainly, are there any disabilities which would cause you to end a relationship before it begins? Have you even considered this before now?

20

What Girls Said 2

• For me personally, i would not date a man in a wheelchair or someone who is paralyzed from the waist down. Now im sure there are women out there who would. I imagine myself being with someone who enjoy outdoor activities and someone who I can see myself walking down the street holding hands with. Dating someone in a wheelchair, will put a burden that will make me feel like I am his caretaker.

• I can understand that. I'm not that active, so that didn't bother me. My only issues are that I have a terrible sense of humour (I'm GOING to make cripple jokes eventually, that's just a fact), and I would probably overshoot on the carer role.
      But if she can handle that, it's not a dealbreaker.

• hmmm as someone who is 'differently abled' I would say there are little if any sort of things that would make me say no without getting to know someone. If it was hard to understand them I might not but even then I'm learning ASL at the moment so it could be fine.

What Guys Said 0