Everyone has bad dating/relationship experiences, what are yours?

Lets see how we all rack compared to one another when it comes to bad experiences in the game of love. Here are mine:

1. Met a girl on vacation and we hit it off. We would have been a great couple if distance wasn't an issue.

2. Fell for my best friend, she was in a long term relationship. I was an idiot and kept my hopes up for about 3 years.

3. Randomly met a girl online who I really got along with. We were pen pals that admitted to having feelings for one another. Nothing came out of it and we had a falling out after 2 years of contact.

4. Got cheated on by the first girl I actually thought about marrying (we were together for a year). She later on told me that she never loved me and only made pretend to.

5. Met a girl whom I shared an amazing chemistry and connection with. She had just gotten out of a relationship so she was extremely hot and cold and a pain to deal with because of if.

That's my list, I have no clue if this is a normal/little/a lot of bad experiences.

So what are yours?

3840

Most Helpful Girl

• Only including my absolute worst ones:

1) I met this girl in a chat room and thought I was the only one she was interested in, but I found out from some other girls that she actually was meeting and going out on dates with other girls from the chat room. I talked to one of them who actually went out with her, and she told me how horrible the date was, that this girl I was talking to was sending outdated pics to all of us and that she looks nothing like that in person, etc. Basically, I was totally lied to.

2) I met this girl I liked in grad school, and she and I got into a misunderstanding at some point that seemed to make her lose interest in me. We never really talked it out, though I tried to talk to her about it. She was never straightforward with me about what her problem was or not wanting to talk to me anymore or anything. In fact, we did hang out after the misunderstanding! But sometimes she'd talk to me and sometimes she ignored me. I kept trying to work it out because I really liked her. One day I wrote her a note and left it for her, and the next thing I know she called campus police on me! I didn't threaten her or anything, it was a very nice note where I tried to apologize. The police told me what she wouldn't just tell me, i. e. leave her alone. Needless to say, I did.

3) I fell for my boss at work who was older and married. Yep. I don't want to go into the whole story, but it ended up destroying our friendship and now we don't talk at all. It's also the reason some of the people close to me found out I'm bisexual--I had zero intention of telling them. We weren't working together when everything got ruined, though--things were great when we worked together, and that's the only time in my life that I've ever looked forward to going to work, lol. Oh, and *nothing* actually happened.

4) The love of my life and I come from different cultures, and her family would not have approved of me at all even if I were a man... so she dumped me. Then after she dumped me, she told me--on my birthday--she never actually loved me, which has completely f*cked me up (as far as dating/relationships) and it has been years since that happened. I don't know if she was being serious when she said that because she 100% acted like she loved me and others agree that she did, but she has insisted she meant it. Even if I got into another relationship again, I don't think I'd ever believe anyone who says "I love you" to me ever again and don't think I could say it.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I completely get your last point having just gone through that. Yes she cheated and that was horrible, but her telling me she never loved me and only pretended to after a year of being with me and telling me daily how much she loved me and how happy I made her was just something else, nothing can describe the pain and the trust problems that develop from it. It's a horrible experience to go through.

Most Helpful Guy

• Met a girl who had a boyfriend. That time we were friends n she came over often. We had good times together until one day the confused boyfriend n her broke up but she still loved hanging out until we got close. Stuff happened that didn't allow us to connect and we split until another opportuned time when i had a separate home in uni but she got back with her ex. this time however there is history between us and im not the guy who tells the girl who she can or cannot date nor who she gives her time or body. Things went a little complicated and friends became friends with benefits while she was still with him but i allowed it because we had history before when she was not with him. She broke off, we continued to explore and had fun until one day her ex came back to her crying and promising to marry. I decided to let her go but that would mean me not interfering at all. To this day i no longer look at married or bf-ed girls nor invite them to my circle of network because i fear what i could do and i fear i mess with free will, thus i stick to myself and with a close group that have no network liabilities because of what i, love and time is capable of. People accuse me of being anti-social or a loner but only I know the truth...

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE