Dating WTF? Feeling confused?

So I've been seeing this guy for a month now. Two dinner dates and a sporting event he was playing at. In the last week or so I noticed he was not calling or texting as much. We had a date planned for Saturday so I sent him texts in the morning to confirm and by afternoon called him. Waited and waited - no answer. Feeling demoralized I sent him a "why are you ignoring me? Lol" text followed by "it was nice knowing you, take care" At 11:44pm Saturday night he sends me a "Good night are you there?" text. Im pissed off. I don't respond. Whats this guys deal?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Guessing this guy is going into a phase of uncertainty, he may be elaborating what's going on with his life. for example he's having a good time with you but he may not feel to sure if he wants to pursue further. don't take this advice personal im just giving a perspective. maybe things that are current with his life is negative. he may not want to include you onto the trouble. or maybe he's talking to someone else because he isn't sure. If you really want to know you're just going to have to ask him for the truth. if he hesitates within the first few responses just let him go i say. No matter what he did to act like that he should he able to tell you why

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• So just reverse the roles. If you were seeing someone and you know you had plans, why would you ignore their texts and calls all day, but then try and recover the relationship when its too late to hang out? If it were me, I would say that i was trying to avoid the date- perhaps they would be making up some lame excuse like your phone died or there was some weird emergency where you didn't have signal or time to call (a guy actually used this excuse on me multiple times... uh good bye)-- which just means they were AVOIDING YOU!

At 22, I've had a few of these experiences, and my advice is to not deal with it. If he makes a lame excuse and dips out on another date (because everyone deserves ONE second chance), then he doesn't respect your time - and therefore doesn't deserve it. Girl, you can do some much better than someone who ignores you and pretends that you didn't have plans when you you did. I can't even pretend to understand men, but i know this for a fact: if he wanted to hang out with you, he would have made sure he was there and dressed nicely for that date. Dont settle for someone who is keeping you around as a backup plan- some guys (girls do it too) like to have a girl "on the hook" , because its nice to be wanted, or whatever. So, give him one chance to make it up to you. Maybe there was some weird freak incident, but just remember "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

0|0
    0|0

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• did he say the nice knowing part or you did? that really matters on how I would handle the situation, but regardless since he wanted to ignore you for a hole day, be petty back and ignore him for a hole day.

0|0
    0|0
  • He's not answering you. You're not answering him. Unless the two of you care enough to get together face to face and talk this out this relationship is done. . . you can stick a fork in it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like Option A flaked out on him and you being option B is available.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Loading... ;