Is the reason why I don't have many men approach or hit on me because I'm overweight?

I wouldn't say extremely fat or obese, but I'm a little chubby.
I get compliments that I'm pretty (sometimes I'll get gorgeous) and some men are interested in sex, but usually nothing else. I've learned they either disappear after sex or disappear when they don't get it right away. I've never had a serious boyfriend.
Is dating for chubby women really this restricted?

Ok I guess the answer is yes. Thanks everyone.
A few people asked, this is my body type. I've a big stomach. You can't see my arms, but they're fat as well. I usually wear a long sleeve or cardigan.

https://i.imgur.com/OVh4yBs.jpg

722

Most Helpful Guy

• A little chuby could mean anything from an image problem and your actually too skinny to so large you can't get out of bed
    As you probly know It also makes a huge difference how much cellulite you have and how curvy you are.

But unless you live in maybe Tonga it will be harder if your large and you will probly have to be nicer to guys which would be a good thing to do anyway.
    Guys want to feel appreciated want to be wanted probly more so than women especially guys that aren't already getting a lot of attention.

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe there is someone for everyone but Is anything preventing you from losing some of your excess weight?

What Guys Said 21

• You're a bit chubby but that's not a bad thing, more men are into women your size than you would think. You're acting like you're 400lbs. :-P

in my opinion when I hear a girl not being approached, I think one of two things:

1) "resting bitch face", as in having a scowl or mean netural-face that is off-putting, or

2) being around your female friends too much; never being 'alone' is a huge turn off to guys because we would rather approach a girl one-on-one for privacy and comfort reasons

• Sadly yes. Every 'chubby' girl I've known has had this problem. Plenty of sex offers but nothing for relationships --> and almost always I tell these girls to go for people that will give you the best chance for a relationship not only the type of guys you want. Choice of men is very important

Choose a guy that feels he is lucky to have you, personality is not enough, so it might be a guy you might not be super attracted too... but it is what it is

• Yes. Being overweight or too skinny is not attractive. You say you are chubby, but chubby to you might be fat to me, and vice versa. If you want guys to hit on you more, you should start exercising and eating properly.

"Is dating for chubby women really this restricted?" No, far from that. You just need to realize you are going for people out of your league and have to lower your standards.

• Weight is a serious factor for many guys, yes.

I worked with a girl who was in the same situation as you except she was actually on the cusp of obese. She was very pretty and if she had been slender, would have been a solid 8 if not 9. However, she struggled with her weight and while she got lots of dates, she couldn't find a guy for the long term. We used to commiserate about our rotten luck with online dating.

• I wouldn't have interest in dating an overweight girl, I just don't find them attractive. Some guys may be into that though, it just means you have to keep looking.

• I think part of your issue is your age.
    I can only speak for myself, but at that age, I was not interested in long term relationships.

• Quite possibly.

• Wait a moment, you've slept with these men? Come on now, stop sleeping with them and the losers will pass by. Hold yourself to a higher standard!
    It does help to be fit, but integrity & personality matter. Just trying to help.

• Probably.

• Maybe

• Yes, do yourself a favor and simply lose weight.

• Dont worry about it the right person is out there somewhere. Someone who will love you for who you are. Rememner your a n
    beautiful and sexy woman inside and out x

• the guys where I live are more interested in chubby and fat girls so maybe it's a location thing

• can we see u?

• no men like company of those women who can carry themselves and has good dressing sense

• It's probably a pretty decent factor of why you aren't approached.

• Yes.
    Bigger girls know what it's like to be men. We are not easily able to get attention from the opposite sex.
    Generally, women who are bigger simply go for black guys because black guys like thick.

• Yes, it's a major factor.

• I never knew my girlfriend was chubby until I saw her and I still love her :3

• pics or this question is fake

• No dear, stop feeling that way. There will be some person who loves the things for which others hated you for. Just have a little faith and be happy! Coz the last thing this world needs to see is a cute chubby person being sad☺

What Girls Said 6

• Sorry... but it probably is the reason. Maybe not the only one, maybe sometimes it's just incompatible personalities and stuff... but body fat percentage matters.

But it's something in your power to fix, so don't lose hope :)

• guys want trim curvy girlfriends but will have sex with any girl your reputation as an easy lay is not helpful in a meaningful relationship

• don't feel that way. you just haven't had a serious and right person for you. it has nothing to do with your weight

• maybe, change it

• ıt can be the main reason

• I think so yes - even a 10 - 30 pound weight gain or loss can make a difference.