How long do you talk to someone before you're ready to commit? I'm talking to a guy but I'm unsure?

I gave this guy my number on the 24th.
We've been texting. He says let's kick it soon.
I say sure. He asks what day I'm available but then he said he's busy this week how about next week. A few days later I tell him I'm bored because he didn't pick a day/thought he's playing me. He says he's a little stressed because his mom needs surgery and he has to take a few days off that's why he suggested next week. So I asked him again a few days ago, he said sometime this week. I asked him any specific day? He says Friday.
I asked him what he's looking for he said mostly serious but not really in a rush, just going with the flow. Tbh, I'm looking for someone to get to know and talk to but I don't know if I'm ready for a relationship yet...

11

What Guys Said 1

• it's best that you meet up and see where it goes.

• 75% of my brain is okay I'm going with the flow and enjoy messaging him.
      25% is nervous he will cancel/ flake

But honestly I don't want to rush and neither does he. I think it's good on both of our parts but it's hard. I always overthink small stuff

• you can message or call him and hour before your date. if he flakes , never text him again and move on since I am understanding what he is trying to do and if he flakes on you then just move on.

What Girls Said 1

• I think you should just go out with him Friday and just see how it goes. He even said himself that he wants to see where things go so see if you just enjoy getting to know him.

• Sorry, quick reedit. He asked me first what am I looking for and then I asked him.

Yeah that's true. I'm rushing and overthinking. I HATE rushing. Nothing good ever comes out of rushing for me. I always get stressed and headaches.