What does it mean when someone avoids the topic of you getting back together?

my ex and I just recently broke up from a ltr I want to get back together with him but every time I bring it up he diverts the topic of conversation or tells me that he wants things to happen organically... what does that even mean?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc...

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such...

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them?

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

This "closure" What's that about? No such thing... So what? It's over.. there is your closure.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more.

Your ex is just one in a line of exes you will have in your life. Get used to it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Probably because he doesn't want to think about it and if it happens then it will happen, talking about it probably makes him uncomfortable because he doesn't have the answers right now nor wants you to hold his word against him.

• This actually makes perfect sense. So what should I do?

• if you enjoy your time together then chill, if you think you're going to get your heart broken in the end distance yourself.

What Guys Said 2

• He's either not 100% sure he wants to get back together, or just simply doesn't want to.

• He doesn't want to talk about that.

What Girls Said 1

• I'm going through the same thing rn except it's backwards