How do I tell my parents I want to date a guy 9 years older than me?

I'm 23 and he's 32. I believe that there is a strong interest on both sides and it could go somewhere, but I have no idea how to bring this up to my parents. He's very smart, has a great job, and a gentleman so the only possible bad thing is the age difference. How do I say this, and if you were a parent, what would you think?

38

Most Helpful Guy

• You're an adult. You don't need your parents permission.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why do your parents have to know? As long as you are happy and he treats you right that's all that matters. Love has no age and plus you are legal. Date who you want to date.

What Guys Said 7

• U r 23 why u have to tell ur parents?

Go for it and eventually u introduce him to them. Or tell them before they meet etc..

I don't see any issues with that

• Why you even mention his age?

• You're 23, not 18 and even at 18 you're still an adult.

• Your parents should take it fine , i see no problems with the age difference.

• I don't know if its that big of an age difference and if there is no other reasons for them to not like him

• He's a pedophile, and your ignorant. If you want to break your parents heart go ahead.

• If my 23 year old daughter wanted to date a 32 year old I'd be fine with it.

What Girls Said 2

• When I (age 18 at the time) started dating a guy that was 31, I simply told my parents "Btw, *insert name here* & I are a couple now."

• Just tell them... you're grown... not illegal & love is love.