Does age matter (I'm 16 almost 17 he's 30) in a relationship?

We are in a relationship together

1212

Most Helpful Guy

• yeah it does. he´s borderline pedophile. a 16 yo is absolutely no match for a 30 yo. i understand it from your side, cause you look up to him but from his side, it´s just pathetic.

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course age matters. I am not the same way I was when I was 15 and odds are that I won't be the same way when I turn 35.

What Guys Said 11

• Trying to appeal to your moral nature try to see what results come about from this match. Surely your family might not like it and keeping secrets like this from them could set you apart from them. I'm not undermining your level of intelligence like so many people do already on the daily. So you know to not be naive and stay smart. This isn't saying 16+30 can't equal a righteous happiness. But it's important to know why he would be willing to break this widely accepted social concept and risk having such a bad label. Is it true love? Or is it true horneness? Things you'll have to figure out with time

• It's interesting reading the viewpoints of the (predominantly) United States crowd versus those from other cultures where such things are not only not frowned upon, but socially accepted and encouraged. We preach diversity and inclusion, only so long as that benefits us and our views. Stray outside of that even a little and you'll see a different view entirely.

• I'm actually saving this comment so I can come back to it later it is that great and more importantly true

• That's a big difference in My opinion. At least wait til you become an adult which is 18 in most states.

• doesn't that count as paedophilic?

• Lmao... kids xD

• Yes, it matters. That guy is a major loser.

• age is just a number and love is all that's important.

• Not when the guy is a sexual predator

• I was just saying in general. I figured I'd keep all the judgmental stuff to myself so everyone else was already saying it

• Yes. What does your Dad think of him?

• in this case yes

• adorable.

What Girls Said 11

• Be very careful. These things don't usually tend to work out.

• That is a REALLY big age difference. Age can be a factor in a relationship. But if it's legal, what can anybody do about it? Though I would tell you to stay away from men in relationships.

• We are in a relationship together

• Well, the age of consent there is 16. I still think it's odd for someone who is 30 to be messing around with a 16 year old, but to each their own I guess.

How do your parents feel about it? Do they know?

• They don't know but probably wouldn't care

• One yeah he's a predator. 2 u r trying to steal a guy n a relationship. 3 that's disgusting and wrong

• As long as he's not your teacher it's ok. Nothing wrong it's legal anyway so. Just be aware he surely won't last long.

• She's a child its not legal

• 16 is underage

• @Lolita911 Not in my country

• all the older guys hitting me up just want sex. he is probably the same

• Das called rape

• it does if you are not 18

• Of course

• If they are way older than you and you are underage then yes because it's illegal. However, if you guys are several years apart and both at legal ages and know that you love each other than I suppose it's OK. I know some very happy people ten years apart in marriage and they are happier than people even several months apart.

• Does prison matter?

• It is incredibly likely that he is an emotionally immature predator who cannot find women his age who will date him. He could be the exception, but I doubt it. For everyone's sake, please do not get pregnant.