Do you keep dating someone if you don't see long-term potential with them?

And also should you keep dating them? I don't mean that I automatically think about marriage etc etc when I meet a guy but usually I like to think about things like him mixing with my friends and family and if I don't see that working out I will cut it off... the issue is sometimes I regret it because I feel like I should have given him more of a chance and got to know him better but at other times I feel like I am leading a guy on if I continue dating him like that.
Thoughts?

• Break up with them
    Vote A
  • Keep going on dates ( "good for now" boyfriend)
    Vote B
Select a gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• If I don't see a future with this person that I break up with them. That means meeting their family which if she doesn't want me to meet. Like she is ashamed which I can understand if she doesn't get along with them or hates them. Really seems like a waste of time to date someone who don't see a long term relationship with that could lead to marriage and maybe having children with them someday.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't date anyone I don't see myself with in the long run. Made it so I dated a lot less sure, but I've been successful because of it.

0|0
    0|0

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Nah, if I'm dating that means I want something serious and longlasting.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you don't see long term potential then it's a waste of time

0|0
    0|0
  • Actually it depends... Marriage is a life time commitment.. So think ten times before achieving that lvl

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• I may Continue Here, dear, for Now. However, eventually, with us Nursing and Nurturing Something that Should be Supposedly Special... I may hold a Carrot over the Horse's Nose with my Go's.
    It sometimes Works to my Advantage.
    Good Luck. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I don't see the point in it. I wouldn't like to lead the other person on either if they saw long-term potential and I didn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • What's the point of that? Nope...

0|0
    0|0
  • I date them for a bit if we are pretty compatible and the sex is good even if I know it's just a temporary thing I have a hard time letting people go

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't wanna waste my time or his

0|0
    0|0
  • It would be a total waste of time

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't see the point if I don't see there ever being a future. I have had casual situations but if I go as fracas to say boyfriend then it would notvjust be a friends with benefits. So if your my boyfriend I have to think its a possibility at least.

0|0
    0|0
  • No point in doing so.

0|0
    0|0
  • Stop wasting your time

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm content to just let it be what it is, and have fun while it lasts.

0|1
    0|0