How do you avoid getting attached too quickly?

It's happened to me a few times where I feel like I'm in love with a woman after a pretty short time period. I'm talking a couple months of seeing each other 1 or 2 times a week, without any sexual contact at all. I feel like I'm desperate and I know I come off that way. How can I avoid or maybe tone down these intense feelings?

51

Most Helpful Girl

• I find this hard too... not for relationships as I'm married but with friendships. It feels like we've connected and have a great amount in common and chat everyday but then they just sort of fade out. It's hurtful but I don't want to ask for fear of seeming desperate

Most Helpful Guy

• To me that's normal.

Just realize that being in love doesn't mean it's good to work out.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't get attached easily. I need to know a guy over a long period time before I become attached to him. I need to know his good side and bad side and see how he is in real life situations and circumstances.

Learn from your past mistakes and tell yourself you're just setting yourself up for a disappointment if you get attached too quickly

• Remind yourself that you haven't known her very long so you don't know her very well yet. There's still a chance you'll find something our about her that you don't like at all.

• Honestly have your guard up, don't let much in but don't show it

• Gosh I wish i knew the answer *facepalms* Im tired of going through that myself

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!