Girls, if you asked a guy out on a first date would you expect him to pay?

284

Most Helpful Girl

• Lord no! Even when a guy asks me out I never expect him to pay for me. I always pay for myself or treat him. I feel like it's an unfair standard for men.

Most Helpful Guy

• It should be 50/50 whoever asks. Just because one person asked doesn't mean they have to pay for the whole date. The other person is still agreeing to go on a date with them. It's a mutual thing.

• You raise a good point. Another thing to consider, is that women don't make the first move nearly as often. It's pretty easy to say "whoever asks, pays", if you never have to ask.

What Girls Said 27

• No. I don't expect him to pay either way.

But to be fair, a lot of women will say "whoever asks, pays". But I think that's hypocritical. After all, women aren't expected to make the first move.

• If I asked then I would cover all expenses. It would be my treat.

• Honestly, I was taught that expectations are the mother of disappointment, so I try really hard to never expect anything from anyone. That said, if he offered to pay, it would win him brownie points, even though I would feel obligated to pay if I asked him out.

• Would you let him pay if he offered? Or is it just the offer that would win him brownie points?

• I, personally, would not let him pay. I was born and raised in the South where we are sometimes polite to a fault. I have always been taught that if you extend the invitation, you should be responsible for the bill. That said, if I am already in a relationship with someone, the rules on this are different.

• I'd split it 50/50. That seems the fairest way to go about it.

• If I did the asking I might offer to pay for everything. If I cant6pay for everything then we'll each pay for ourselves.

• If he asked me out, then I do kinda expect him to pay. If I ask him, then no I will pay for myself. But in relationship we will both split the bill.

• So if the guy asks for the date he has to pay for everything, if you ask for the date you only have to pay for yourself? xD

• xD xD

• The fact that you refuse to answer this simple question shows that you very well know you are being hypocritical and selfish.

• I would expect him to pay for his half.

• If I asked that means I don't expect anything but for show up. If of course you agreed. Lol

• Of course I agree. I'm only free on Wednesdays though, the other days I'm chilling on my yacht. Lol

• haven't learned to pay in the sense that they think it's socially inappropriate for them? or in the sense that they are cheap? Lol

• Both. Also entitlement

• if i did the asking, i'd definitely offer to pay; if he says no, then i pay my way and he pays his.

• No? I don't think so. I'd probably feel really bad asking him to pay if I'm being honest

• Who ever asks pays. If you don't afford to pay, discuss with the person before hand so you can go at a cheaper / more affordable venue. Nothing wrong with splitting the bill. But there's everything wrong with paying for oysters when you had pizza.

• No. I asked him. I pay. Unless he wants to split the bill

• If I asked? def not. i had the nerve to ask id better have the bank to pay

• My mom actually told me to let guy pay when i date him. She told me that girl should be treated that way, and know what, seems like my dad also agree with it so yeah let the guy pay.

• That's too old school. It only leads to girls thinking their princesses and shit.

• No, i would not because he is the one who asked. But if he happens to loose his wallet... then maybe. But no if he just did not want to pay.

• the question was about the girl asking out the guy.

• if i asked him, I'd pay

• Nopes, cause I was the one who asked him on the date

• no. I asked him. I'll pay

• No...

• Nope, it was my idea and I won't expect him to.

• Nope.

• No I asked him on the date, I pay. If he asked me on the date then it'd be his turn to pay.

• Of course!
    I asked my Husband out and I paid for most of our dates in the beginning. it was never a big deal and I always wanted to.

• No , i wouldn't
    I would expect them to offer , but i would decline

• Yes, I would (Unless he's from Northern Europe, I know here they're all about true equality)

• They are? xD

• Lol do you seriously only date guys just so they pay for you?

• No, but I like when they pay for me it make me feel loved. And I really like gift too.

• I would pay for my own part. I am not comfortable with people spending money on me.

• If he wanted too

What Guys Said 3

• The cold hard truth is this: the guy will earn extra points for paying and loose points for not paying when she asks him out.

Yeah the girls will say they expect to pay it because they are the one asking but us wise men knows the maths behind that. We need to stick to our core principles: "our probably of paying for a date is proportional to our desire to get into her pants"

So if she asks you out and when it comes to picking up the bill, pay for her if you want to advance to the next stage, sit there like an idiot if you don't and you will be friends forever.

• Well, he was invited, I don't think it should be expected.

• let's see how many of them show double standards or lie