Would it bother you if your partner doesn't say "i love you" back?

just say you have been dating several months (e. g. 6 mnths) and you say "i love you" multiple times (since the 4th month) to your partner but they had never said it back.. would it bother you? would you tell her/him about it or just wait till theyre ready? or not really bothered about it?

• Yes it would bother me to the point I would tell her/him and ask why they haven't said it back
    55%(18)51%(30)Vote46%(12)
  • Yes it would bother me but I would wait till they are ready to say it back
    27%(9)31%(18)Vote35%(9)
  • No it would not bother me, they can say it if they want to or ready to say it back
    18%(6)18%(11)Vote19%(5)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

Most Helpful Guy

• everyone is different and some take more time to say I love you.

I'd prefer my significant other take their time and actually mean it when they say it.
    I would give them time and wait for them to say it and for now try to tone back the amount of times you say it so that they don't feel pressured :)

Most Helpful Girl

• We all receive love, feel love, and give love differently. Some of us take longer to understand our emotions. Sometimes the actual word seems to much when we aren't sure.
    If I may share a story, I experienced this a long time ago. I had "love" for this guy. I finally told him and he didn't say it back. After a period of time I became super insecure. He knew how I felt and I really thought he felt the same and I didn't understand why he didn't say it. Rather then communicate it, I changed it and said, I adore you. After the second or third time he said, what do you mean when you say you adore me. I explained, I know I have feelings of love for you, you know this. I noticed you hadn't said it back. So I didn't want to keep saying it and make you feel pressured. So I won't say Love I'll say I adore you. That night when he dropped me off, I was smiling and in a flirty way I said, adore you! And he said it back.

What Guys Said 13

• I don't think love is a thing to be rushed. Also, if I know they love me, I don't need to hear the words.

• expressing love is important...
    and if fails in doing that...
    so you also get falling...
    sometimes it's better to get failed than passing... it feel nice...
    and if you saying that many times and of he is not replying then... maybe is not ready or maybe really don't love you.
    personally í do not like saying í love 24 hours a day. and most of the boys too...
    expressing is important than saying...

• If your with someone 6 months and you still can't truthfully say "I love you", then you should end it and move on. Everyone has their own pace. But if your in a serious relationship, then by that far in your already thinking about marriage. So if you don't love the person, your never going to.

• This is one thing that does not bother me at all because a partner can really show how much she/he loves you instead of saying it too early and not meaning or owning up to it.

• I would ask as i'm not one to rush things and very rarely get involved with a woman unless I have serious interest. IF I've developed feelings and feel it's mutual, I will say I love you. I will ask you why you haven't reciprocated after a short time, as I know love can be blind. There's nothing worse than being taken advantaged of by somebody whom you love and believed loved you. As love is a choice, i'd asked why they don't love me?

• I don't date so I don't have to worry about stuff like this.

• I don't do "partners". It wouldn't bother me, because I'd have to say it for them to not say it back. And that's not going to happen.

• No , bcoz its totally her choice. though its disturbing but its my problem that I love her, you cannot impose someone 2 luv you back

• It would bother the crap out of me.

• Who cares

• I dont say i love you to anyone. That doesn't mean im not loving. So no.

• no. I've only said it if I absolutely meant it and I hope whoever is telling me feels the same...

• I have been dating a lady for 21 months and she still has not said it. She is traumatized by a bad divorce and the one other serious relationship she has had since the divorce. She does things that show that she loves me, so I think of tolerating her lack of verbal affirmation as just one of the areas where i need to be strong because she is weak.

What Girls Said 8

• that would bother me. personally, i'd never say it first.

• I kind of grew up in a place where "I love you" wasn't really sincere (more like an automatic response) so personally I'd be ok with waiting and it wouldn't bother me too much

• totally

• I think it's more me who wouldn't say it so...
    But if it was him, it wouldn't bother me I would understand and let him take his time. better wait for telling me than telling me and not really mean it

• It would bother me but i wouldn't ask them why, and i would Never say i love you first untill he did first.

• After a few times I would see where they're at

• 4 months can be too early for some. My ex told me he loved me at 1 month and I was kinda like... Oh, thank you. LOL it was awkward. But yeah, some people just take longer. Or maybe they don't love you? Not sure.